Ultimate Subaru Message Board

engine wiring help

shuffbag

yes i have serched for days :banghead:

im going to be fitting a ej25 dohc in to a vortex (xt). now my problem is i cant find a pin out.below is a picture of the ecu and plug, if anyone can point me to a pinout?

07062011127.jpg

07062011125.jpg

07062011132.jpg

now im guessing this is like a usual ej wiring chop with only the main relay and fuel relay being needed from this mess of wiring with the exception of some fan wires im going to save from the smj (see below)

05062011124.jpg

and im also guessing all this gear can go, keyless cont module and cruz module

05062011123.jpg

oh and this is what its going into

05062011122.jpg

20022011071.jpg

where are you - aus?

is that an aus engine?

are the pinouts the same as in the US?

you can swap Ej25 and EJ22 ECU's all day long. i swapped an EJ22 ECU into my 1996 EJ25 equipped legacy - plug and play, no difference at all.

so this means, if this holds down there where you are, that an EJ22 pin out would do you just fine.

the DOHC doesn't mean anything as far as EJ25/EJ22 goes, the computer doesn't know, it's only a mechanical difference - EJ25 and EJ22 both use one crank and one cam sensor (same part even!).

over here a 1996-1998 EJ22 pin out would be identical to all DOHC EJ25 pin outs.

just saying that in case an EJ22 pin out is easier to find.

Edited by grossgary

thanks for the help i have seen that page before, my problem is i cant find any for my specific plug. are all pinouts numbered the same way? like can i take that info and just count across the pins on the ecu? from the top right counting to the left?

FWIW, if the XT (vortex) has cruise already, you can leave the cruise computer in the EJ harness, and mate the XT buttons and Vac pump to the EJ cruise computer. The EJ cruise units are much better. Use the EJ cruise cable/actuator......the XT one, mounted to the pedal box with the little chain to pull the peddle SUCKS.

nah i have no cruze, this was only a injected ea82 fwd vortex, it now has a L 4wd rear end and is awaiting engine and box. which i have but i need to sort the wiring first.

im not going to be running cruze or aircon and only require wiring for engine and maybe the thermo fans

• 2 weeks later...

ok so i started triming the loom down today, got almost everything stripped and have hit a wall again...

VV does this look like a NORMAL amount of wires to be remaining from the ecu?

15062011150.jpg

ignighter/afm/o2 all plugged in

15062011149.jpg

green/black plugs, main relay and pump relay

15062011147.jpg

my main unknown issue is from the 2 plugs on the passanger side (your drivers side) is a green and purple wire from the smaller of the 2 plugs, are no longer attached to any thing?? and i cant recall were they might have come from?

15062011148.jpg

so after all this im still scratching my head as to were im going to tap in the power and if one ground is enough?

hooked it to a battery today and the main relay clicked but fuel pump relay did not :confused:

i couldnt see any light flash within the ecu.

i also didnt get spark while turning it over.

aaarrrrggggghhhhhh i now remember why i havent done a swap in years

Ok, I have exactly the same ECU, with only one connector.

I found an interesting stuff :

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/805/schemaborniercalculateu.jpg/

but there's only the half of it...

I found too that the same ECU was mounted on Nissan Altima, and found the pinout. But the numbers doesn't match with the subaru one :confused:

photoets.jpg

wiringdiagramnisstimaec.jpg

Hope this help...

Hi suffbag,

I tried the ecu and my circuit today, but neither ignition (main) relay neither fuel pump relay are clicking.

Can you just tell me the pins you connected all +supply, and all ground please?

will help me a lot... I'm stuck :confused::confused:

Benoit

my ign relay clicks but not my fuel pump relay.

i have no power to my ignighter/coil pack either. power is getting to the ecu but i dont think i have it grounded, so power isnt being passed on were its needed.

more probing is needed :-\

well i brought the loom inside to work on and didnt get anything done :(

there is no led in this ecu so no easy give away if its powered correctly.

tomorrow im going to reconect it to the engine and just group what appear to look like powers and grounds and give it a spin, see if i get spark!

if not people have been saying ej22 looms work? with the ej22 ecu? i have stripped one of those looms before with no problems. so maybe if a 22 loom will work with all my 25 sensors i'll just use that?

my main problem is no specific pinout for the ecu on the first page, yes it is out of a AUS 1998 OUTBACK BG9