Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I figured it out by guessing the size and it's 1 7/8" However.. the reducer I have is a 2 1/4" to 1 7/8. I'm not sure if I can find one a tad larger then 2 1/4" to fit over my 2.25" inlet but keep the same 1 7/8" size.

IMAG0555-1.jpg

IMAG0557-1.jpg

IMAG0558.jpg

Edited by 1-3-2-4

You might have to get 2 or 3 couplers to make the adaptations you want. Usually for me, i end up with 2 couplers, but the joining sides are the same diameter in the middle, and i will butt-weld them together to have the dimeters on the ends be what i need, and then install

You might have to get 2 or 3 couplers to make the adaptations you want. Usually for me, i end up with 2 couplers, but the joining sides are the same diameter in the middle, and i will butt-weld them together to have the dimeters on the ends be what i need, and then install

the only thing I'm trying not to butt-weld is the coupler to the muffler I would rather is slip over but I guess in a pinch I could butt weld it.. I just want to make sure it's supported well.

I'm about to see how many sections I will need.

Just my 2 cents worth..........I have used those exhaust adapters several times before on a few cars. Yea, you can get them to fit and work, but I never found the quality of the steel to be good. They are prone to rust out and break, long before the pipes and muffler in the rest of the exhaust system.

well as you can see my car has already been around...

Like said the adapter pipes can be made to work, but they rusted out and broke in 2-3 years. For the price that they cost, it is not a bad way to go on an old car. On old cars, it just doesn't pay to invest much money on them. Just enough to keep them running and safe to operate, particularly with good brakes and tires.

On exhaust, I now go to a family owned torch, bend, and weld muffler shop for repairs. Very reasonable cost when compared to new from dealer, or any of the chain muffler shops. I can get them to repair only what is wrong in an exhaust system, and not get hosed from a shop that wants to always replace the entire system from the cat back.