Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Low oil level light after oil change, 2010 Legacy

Had the oil changed today at the former GM dealer that has been doing all the service on my 4 Subs. After they finished the low oil level light was on. I suspect that the key was turned on to check the odometer reading before they refilled it. My dealer 160 miles away said they have not heard of this but if that is the case it should clear after a number of start cycles. Anyone have ideas on this. It is still under warranty but not convenient to take it in now.

Not being familiar with the 2010 models, is it an idiot light on the dash or on the display?

I would think oil status would be a TOP priority as far as giving you correct information in real time, not after a few start up cycles.

Did you physically check the oil level to make sure it was correct?

Of course I checked the oil level. This is not the oil pressure light, it is an oil level light. Its only purpose is to warn those that don't check their oil regularly that it's way past time to do so. But I can't stand to drive a car with any kind of light glaring at me.

Of course I checked the oil level. This is not the oil pressure light, it is an oil level light. Its only purpose is to warn those that don't check their oil regularly that it's way past time to do so. But I can't stand to drive a car with any kind of light glaring at me.

That "sounds" like some cars that have a maintenance reminder light. Used to have to reset it on a Honda - I forget how now.

But is it a low oil level light as originally stated or a maintenance reminder light?

I have no knowledge of any Subaru's since 2006, just sayin' I know atleast some Japanese cars atleast(could be others) there is a maintenance reminder light to be reset and that's different that a true oil issue.