Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Things you shouldnt have towed but did anyways

Im just curious if anyone on here has stories of towing certain things with their subarus or other vehicles that should not have been able to be towed by that vehicle. For instance heres a couple of mine.

A bit ago my mazda b2200 ran out of gas in my field and of course at the time i had no gas and not only that my chevy truck and my buggy didnt have any either and my parents cars were all gone at the time so all i had to tow with was an 86 tt350.... dirtbike. I hooked it up to the back bumper and strapped the tow rop the a metal mount on the fender of the bike (thank god 80s dirtbikes are made strong) and slowly started going forward constantly feathering the clutch to prevent it from popping a wheely and throwing me off the back. I just about made it back into the garage when my clutch cable broke but i was pretty impressed it was able to make it that far.

Another one is when i used my ea81 buggy to pull my old 6,200 lbs 6.2 diesel blazer out of the snow. It got it out but i was revving that thing like crazy. I actually put this metal gate under the tires to get traction and evetually was able to get it out with some friends helping me push the blazer at the same time.

Now whats some of your stories?

pulled a isuzu trooper (heavy rump roast square body) with my 88gl

pulled some trucks and other soobs and a jeep out of the mud with the gl also. also pulled a motor home (giant heavy cow) with frozen brakes with a v6 dodge pickup.

pulled overloaded truck and trailer with same v6 dodge to dallas for scrap many times

Pull (still do occasionally) a 16ft utility trailer with the forester:)

IMG_20110305_111216.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
I listen to cartalk, and last week a person called in was going to haul a huge chicken coupe like 100 miles on a snowmobile trailer......wonder how that turned out.

I heard that, too. Tom and Ray just laughed at him.

I'm about to hook up a 16ft trailer to my 1998 outback to haul furniture on our short move. It should be fine with the HD springs in back. (I hope)

Oh yeah, I pulled a built 60's camero up a hill with my lifted 87 GL. That was kind of pushing it.

Edited by kanurys