Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Sad days here :/

Got rid of our 1942 Plymouth Special Deluxe. We will miss this car very much, but at least its going to a safe home. Sounds like it got there safely... :banana:

Ms 42 shall be missed, but now I has space for Subaru projects! :banana: gonna start flippin em!

Getting hooked up:

SadDay1.jpg

Draggin her up the ramp:

SadDay2.jpg

Up and ready for tie down:

SadDay3.jpg

Up and tied down:

SadDay4.jpg

14 years its been ours, and I was the first/only to work on it after 12 years of being in a garage, then moved to a 3/4 enclosed car port (thing was built for a Honda not a classic) and then tucked back into a garage. Brakes were frozen, engine wouldnt turn over, some rust, some glass damage, roof creased..I started working on it finally 2 1/2 years ago, freed up brakes, turned motor over and was ready to start it when realized it was tucked in next to the furnace with a full tank of gas (whose bright idea was that!?) and so I abandoned hopes to get it running and just drained the gas. Cracked my face up pretty nicely freeing the brakes up, ($800 bill later) and then 2 years later, nobody was touching it, time to let it go.

The guy is awesome. Hes gonna give us rides, first chance at buy back (if he decides to sell it) hes got a blog that he will keep updated with his progress...

He wants what I cant do... Id rather work on a few $400-500 dollar cars, get some real money and restore a 1968 Buick Skylark since that was my first car :grin:

Loved the car, really, but its better it went to someone who will restore it. My car sold for $2300, these P14s fully restored are close to $30,000.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

It does, I can actually keep this "sorta" up to date, as he has done some work to it...

Got things freed up in the motor, new ignition system, fuel system, spark plugs, wires, fluids and everything, but was let down when it cranked but didnt fire up :(

Hopefully I hear good news soon :clap:

Happy Holidays!