Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

rally brat seat questions

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lachlan

Lachlan

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 150 posts
  • Albuquerque

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:37 PM

Hi, I just got an 81 Brat and hope to do some rally-x time in it (I used a GC a few years ago). I'm curious if any of you first genners have tried to switch in aftermarket or more firmly bolstered oem seats. Post pics if you have!

Edit: ok, now that this has been moved to the retrofitting forum, I see the question has already been asked and addressed. Carry on!

Edited by Lachlan, 20 June 2011 - 11:24 PM.

#2 Lachlan

Lachlan

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 150 posts
  • Albuquerque

Posted 22 June 2011 - 11:30 PM

But while I'm at it, on the subject of harnesses, has anyone fitted one to a brat? I'm wondering if anyone has put in a custom harness bar or just attached it directly to the back wall?

#3 renob123

renob123

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 719 posts
  • Hillsburrito, OR

Posted 23 June 2011 - 03:04 PM

But while I'm at it, on the subject of harnesses, has anyone fitted one to a brat? I'm wondering if anyone has put in a custom harness bar or just attached it directly to the back wall?

I considered attaching one to the back wall, but I don't think it's strong enough. You could either get killed, or worse, a light fender-bender may break the rear glass:lol:

I'd make a harness bar if I were you.

Jacob

#4 TurboXT

TurboXT

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Lakewood

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:10 AM

I put a set of 80's toyota mr2 seats in my old brat, held me great for off roading. Looked nice too.

Harnesses, I would either do a bar across the back of the seats from one side of the body to the other (you may not have room depending on how tall you are/what seats you use ) or mount to the floor on a main support somewhere with sandwich plates and through bolts.

Unless you're caging the thing, then run a bar across the back between your cage.

If you have a roll bar in the bed, just bash the glass out, weld a bar, and run the harnesses in through the back window cutout.... Lol just kidding on this one...

Just my 2 cents

Edited by TurboXT, 08 July 2011 - 05:15 AM.

#5 Lachlan

Lachlan

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 150 posts
  • Albuquerque

Posted 23 July 2011 - 10:31 AM

Thanks for the responses, guys. Ima hafta think about the harness bar. I was thinking about connecting an outside roll/light bar to an inside cage, but there's really no room to get by the rear window (which I do want to keep intact).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users