Ultimate Subaru Message Board

rally brat seat questions

Lachlan

Hi, I just got an 81 Brat and hope to do some rally-x time in it (I used a GC a few years ago). I'm curious if any of you first genners have tried to switch in aftermarket or more firmly bolstered oem seats. Post pics if you have!

Edit: ok, now that this has been moved to the retrofitting forum, I see the question has already been asked and addressed. Carry on!

Edited by Lachlan

But while I'm at it, on the subject of harnesses, has anyone fitted one to a brat? I'm wondering if anyone has put in a custom harness bar or just attached it directly to the back wall?

I considered attaching one to the back wall, but I don't think it's strong enough. You could either get killed, or worse, a light fender-bender may break the rear glass:lol:

I'd make a harness bar if I were you.

Jacob

• 2 weeks later...

I put a set of 80's toyota mr2 seats in my old brat, held me great for off roading. Looked nice too.

Harnesses, I would either do a bar across the back of the seats from one side of the body to the other (you may not have room depending on how tall you are/what seats you use ) or mount to the floor on a main support somewhere with sandwich plates and through bolts.

Unless you're caging the thing, then run a bar across the back between your cage.

If you have a roll bar in the bed, just bash the glass out, weld a bar, and run the harnesses in through the back window cutout.... Lol just kidding on this one...

Just my 2 cents

Edited by TurboXT

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the responses, guys. Ima hafta think about the harness bar. I was thinking about connecting an outside roll/light bar to an inside cage, but there's really no room to get by the rear window (which I do want to keep intact).