Ultimate Subaru Message Board

mix'n'match

shuffbag

ok so im pretty much stuck on the electrical side of my ej25d and im looking for allternate ecu options.

could anyone confirm.....

im thinking of getting a early 90's ej22 ecu and matching loom to chop (i have done one before and there are pinouts avail). then also taking the wiring from the ej22's intake manifold, to transfer to the ej25 intake (i think its only the intake wiring that has a diff plug to mine ej25 is round/ej22 is square, your passanger side of engine main plug). the other 2 main plugs (your drivers side) are the square ones which from memory are the same as the ej22 ones

so i guess my question is does this sound like it will run? will the ej22 intake manifold loom plug and play with the ej25 injectors and what ever else is up there?

use an EJ25 ECU?

over here EJ25 and EJ22 ECU's are completely interchangeable, i've never even noticed a difference. also over here EJ22 and EJ25's use the same plugs so they're plug and play interchangeable. if you used something later you may not have to worry about wiring.

its a swap into a vortex and the ej25 wiring i have there are no pinouts for the ecu (one big plug)... so the wiring i have is useless to me :mad:

but i might be wrong on the intake loom, it might be round on the ej22's. if it is i wont need to swap it and can just use the 22 loom and ecu, later swap ecu if there is a 25 ecu with the same plug config?