Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Introducing my new BRAT!!!!!

Its name is Lemmy. I brought it home last Thursday from Portland!!!!!

Now my Impreza has a best friend! :D

Built by GD, 1985 GL with an EA82 with SPFI, 5 speed dual range tranny, and rear discs from an '88 EA82T Sedan.

Here are the pictures! (also, for those of you who are interested in coming to the Seattle area meet, the pictures are at Magnuson Park where it is going to be!)

Me and Lemmy!

DSCN0400.jpg

DSCN0393.jpg

DSCN0392.jpg

DSCN0390.jpg

DSCN0389.jpg

DSCN0396.jpg

looking great, BOTH of you.....

i like the back bumper.

if you want to get rid of it, id like it, but no pressure.

i am trying to have a sort of one time casual meet up

at my property in maple valley.

not too big, 5 or ten people. preferably just 80s soobs.

bon fire, barbecue. mainly an afternoon/eveneing thing.

but if anyone needed to crash in their car or a tent,

cuz they came from far away, thats okay, my

yard is twelve acres.

maybe some mild offroad play.

dont mean to hikack the thread. just letting you know cuz

you are <i assume> new to the area? <oregon plates>

:) Thanks for all the congrats! I'm REALLY excited! (in case the first photo didn't illustrate that!)

Monstaru, i'm thinking of getting a dog to live in the Brat solely for the purpose of guarding that trim!

It is named after Lemmy of Motorhead! I figure naming it after Lemmy will make it the most badass car on the road at all times, no matter where I go!

And tallwelder, pick a date and time and let us know! (...just not July 28th at 6:30!) ;) I'm actually from Seattle (well, originally I'm an east coast girl, but I've lived here for 3 years.) I just brought the car up from Portland and it still has the old plates on it.

[quote

DSCN0396.jpg

Oh look, a sail boat.

Cummon you guys you act as if youve never seen a picture of a pretty girl before. Anyways, youve got a nice brat there. Talk to GD about the Maxima alternator upgrade for these engines. I see you also have the les schwab wheels as well. They are right about one thing, its rare to find a girl, a younger one at that whose into an old soob. Next youll be getting a bed roll bar and a lift kit. Have fun with it.

;) I'm actually from Seattle (well, originally I'm an east coast girl, but I've lived here for 3 years.) I just brought the car up from Portland and it still has the old plates on it.
Enjoy the Brat. Best of luck with it. Where on the east coast? I grew up in northern NJ with a short time in Wilmington, DE before moving out here and discovering Subarus are fun!

:) It is a lovely sailboat! haha There are more of us younger girls who like old soobs out there than you think... you just have to search a little harder!

I'll definitely ask him about the alternator. Thanks for the tip!

Today's project is figuring out why I don't have brake lights! And getting it properly registered and insured. Got some struts and springs for it yesterday too (thanks Josh!)

Ed, I grew up right outside Boston, and then lived in Portland, Maine for 5 years before moving out here 3 years ago. I spent a lot of time in northern New Jersey growing up too! Sussex, right on Lake Neepaulin. I was just there last week! My Impreza lived its first 10 years in Maine. (Part of the decision to move out here was because I wanted my car to last forever and it wasn't going to do that with all the salt on the roads in Maine!)

I'm just glad it's gone to a new owner that will love it and drive it. :). It basically sat here and was growing moss beside my garage. Too many other things to drive.....

The Maxima alternator is one of those things you can do when/if you need a new alt..... you don't really have any lights or high-powered accesories to run so the stock alt should be fine for now.

GD

It basically sat here and was growing moss beside my garage.

That was certainly a memorable trip to the car wash... I'm just glad I had my mouth shut when the soap and water came shooting through the corner of the window all over me! The guy spraying the car down definitely got a good laugh!!! I guess I needed a shower.

Ed, I grew up right outside Boston, and then lived in Portland, Maine for 5 years before moving out here 3 years ago. I spent a lot of time in northern New Jersey growing up too! Sussex, right on Lake Neepaulin. I was just there last week! My Impreza lived its first 10 years in Maine. (Part of the decision to move out here was because I wanted my car to last forever and it wasn't going to do that with all the salt on the roads in Maine!)

That's cool. My wife's family is from Natick. I grew up in NJ in Essex, Union, and Morris Counties. Jeanne grew up in Sussex--the town-- (went to High School there)and then moved to Morristown where we met. Small world.

I'm in a quandry. What to bring to the meet? My old school Impreza or the '84 Brat. Maybe I can talk Jeanne into coming out also; then we can bring both.

Today's project is figuring out why I don't have brake lights! And getting it properly registered and insured.

Check the bulbs first. As long as it's been sitting, the bulbs (or the sockets) might be the issue. If I remember correctly, the brakelight switch is near the top of the brake light pedal. I can check my shop manual for the '84 (same as yours) and see if there's a fuse for the brake lights.

That's cool. My wife's family is from Natick. I grew up in NJ in Essex, Union, and Morris Counties. Jeanne grew up in Sussex--the town-- (went to High School there)and then moved to Morristown where we met. Small world.

I'm in a quandry. What to bring to the meet? My old school Impreza or the '84 Brat. Maybe I can talk Jeanne into coming out also; then we can bring both.

Ahh, then she'll probably know of Watertown. That's where I'm from! Just a little ways east on the Pike! My grandfather built a house in NJ in Sussex (the town) in the early 50s that my family uses as a summer house now. I'm headed back there in August! I'll be sure to tell northern NJ you and your wife said "hello" :D

And as for your quandry, BOTH! Thats the answer! I'm bringing my Impreza and the Brat! (although admittedly its easier for me because I live right here! Perks of setting up the meet, I can do it close to where I live!)

I'm hoping its the bulbs. It would make sense that its the bulbs. There are no lights at all in the rear. No running lights, no brake lights... nothing. Poor Lemmy's butt doesn't light up at all! And they're on different circuits, but they share bulbs (thanks for that little tidbit, Rick! ;) ) so i'm hoping it's bulbs or sockets. I looked for the switch on the brake light pedal yesterday and didn't find it, but thats probably because I don't know what I'm looking for, not that it's not there! :D heh heh

It would be awesome if you could look at the shop manual. I ordered one but it hasn't gotten here yet!

Fairtax4me, I haven't been able to wipe that grin off my face! And its been a week now since I brought it home! If I keep making this face, it'll get stuck that way! (at least thats what my mom always told me!) Then i'll just look goofy all the time! :D

It would be awesome if you could look at the shop manual. I ordered one but it hasn't gotten here yet!

If you haven't got the manual yet, I could lend you mine. I have the factory manual for the '84 models as well as the Bentley re-write of the shop manual (much easier to understand). Also have the HTKYSA on CD. Drop me a PM if that might work for you.

By the way, there's an '83 Brat at the Lynnwood Pick N Pull if you need some small pieces.