Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Weber air cleaner alternative?

oops...

Yes, that is a VERY valid point. This GL has a 2 1/2" lift.

This mod would be tough to perform on a car without a lift. The weber carb is much taller than the stock carb due the manifold adapter.

oops...

Yes, that is a VERY valid point. This GL has a 2 1/2" lift.

This mod would be tough to perform on a car without a lift. The weber carb is much taller than the stock carb due the manifold adapter.

Dang and I was all excited cause I really dislike these cheesy ones they come with and am a big fan of large paper filters.

Why not account for the height difference by recessing the mounting surface more and leave just enough space for it to breathe. Maybe Idasho already did take this into account I really don't know. In my mind and feel free to expound and disagree but Mounting and leaving no space at all between the carb and filter cover would not affect much if it can still get plenty of air from the sides.

I'm thinking if you were to lower it anymore, it'll hit the Electric choke.

?

That, and got to watch for good clearence above the airhorn too. Get it to close, and it would be like running with the choke closed/partially closed.

I'm thinking if you were to lower it anymore, it'll hit the Electric choke.

?

This^

If I lower mine anymore it will make contact with where the filter sits. I'm as low as I can go, but apparently it is good enough, because it is no longer making contact after my time with a hammer!

This^

If I lower mine anymore it will make contact with where the filter sits. I'm as low as I can go, but apparently it is good enough, because it is no longer making contact after my time with a hammer!

I take it you hammed up the Hood support framing? I did this to my Legacy so I could run the larger ram air style air snorkel. Don't know if I'd want to hammer up my new hood.

I take it you hammed up the Hood support framing? I did this to my Legacy so I could run the larger ram air style air snorkel. Don't know if I'd want to hammer up my new hood.

I tapped the hood support, just to bend dent it away a bit, nothing to the actual sheet metal. Most of my hammering was on the lower part of the air box.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...