Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EGR Sensor HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest vodoo

Guest vodoo

Can any one help me with this darn thing. It keeps coming on and I can't figure out why???? I have a 85 4x4 wagon GL and I just put a new engine in it and this EGR Light came on. Anyone know of anybody who could point me in the right direction.

Thanks

be real nice of you to fill out some of your profile

the EGR light is controlled by a mileage timer, to reset it you must disconnect a set of connectors above the fuse box and plug into the one side a connector beside the original two - turn the ig switch "on" turn it off and reconnect as you found them. This resets the timer.

Note, this is NOT an error code and will not affect the running of the engine.

Hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...
Guest VanIslRu

From what I've read I think I might have an EGR problem. I have a tubo 86 wagon that I put a 5 spd d/r into. The conversion went well but I can't cruise the car sputters and lurches a little, and under heavy acceleration it pulses, accelerates in stages, fast but uneven. I discovered a long crack on the exhaust side of my turbo and will be swapping another in. Any suggestions, did I miss something in the conversion maybe?

I would like to know how too put my ru's info down below as others have.

Guest grease weasel

I'm on my second silinoid for the EGR.My mechanic recomended I find out what voltage it puts out when it works and then make a resister to match and by pass the sensor.I'm not sure what voltage though.Good Luck.Or put a peice of electrical tape over your dash light.