Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello from the south of the world

Hi, Im Roberto, from Chile. I bought some months ago a 1987 Subaru Brat (here the model is called MV, but nobody knows it by that name, just "the old little subaru pick up"

I bought it because I lived in the south of the country like 11 years and there was full of those babies, and always I wanted to get one. Here in the Capital the brats are very weird and it take me a lot of time to find a decent one. When I saw it was first sight love, it have a very nice interiors and very decent body, but the engine sounded funny.

I used it for carry some boxes and to go to the hills with my bike, and one day it sounded like an explotion and stop working.

Now Im trying to fix it and I found this incredible forum. My first post was some days ago asking some questions and I receive all the info that I needed... this is by far the best old subaru's data base.

well, I will try to be a good inmate, and thanks to the creators of this forum.

190745_10150114644437391_522547390_7014622_3310994_n.jpg

Thats a very clean brat!

I like how the wheels are white and match the car, I dont think Ive seen a white car with white wheels! Thats awesome!

Welcome aboard, I have found all the information I have ever needed (and made friends along the way) and have definitely enjoyed my stay here!

welcome aboard, nice brat.

i've been to santiago, visited one of the Subaru dealers there, not sure how many there are in santiago but maybe we've both been to the same place? :) my wife lived there for 2 years (santiago, not the subaru dealer :lol:)

wow! and where do you live now?

subaru dealers here are famous because they have very high prices!!! That's why I bought all the parts for the engine work in the US and pay shipping to Chile.

Thats a very clean brat!

I like how the wheels are white and match the car, I dont think Ive seen a white car with white wheels! Thats awesome!

Welcome aboard, I have found all the information I have ever needed (and made friends along the way) and have definitely enjoyed my stay here!

Hey thanks!!!

here in Chile the brat trucks are named MV, and they are a little bit diferent than the USA brat: here all have just one headlight by side, here never came with roof windows and it never came with the rear seats, here is forbiden to drive a truck with people in the pick up bed... and the original colors are red, dark green, beige and white, all with white wheels... it was imported for working porpouse only, that's why you can find more brats in the south of the country, the weather there is very rainy and muddy (4wd is perfect), and people works with animals and wood and country stuff hahahahhaha

wow! and where do you live now?
200 miles from Washington DC

subaru dealers here are famous because they have very high prices!!! That's why I bought all the parts for the engine work in the US and pay shipping to Chile.
wow, that's funny how that works. i've shipped parts all over the world for similar reasons.

my wife is fluent. i speak no spanish but i could sing pearl jam songs with Chilean's who didn't speak english, it was awesome!