Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Still working on this project someone else took apart.

I need help identifying a vacuum line/tap.

On the back side of the #3 cylinder intake spider there is a very small ( maybe 5mm) intake tap. I cannot figure out what line goes there and to what.

It is the 97 2.2 Lego Anyone know? Can't find a picture and the diagram on the hood and in the manual is not much help.

This project is getting me down. Just found tonight all the AC compressor mount bolts are missing too.

If it's anything like my '92 2.2 then it leads into the aft end of the fuel rail by way of a metal tube. It starts off rubber hose, then about 5 inch's of the metal tube, then ends in rubber hose terminating at what looks like a pressure regulator.

IMG_5627.jpg

IMG_5633.jpg

Edited by markjw

What exactly is this "project" and why would the metal hard lines have been removed from the intake?!? I've never taken those off. Is the engine original to the car? There were about three or four different vacuum routings over the years on the 2nd gen EJ's..... if the engine came from a different car it might not match up to anything. The trick is to follow the lines and find out what they go to and make sure everything has the vacuum signal that it needs....

GD

To make a long story short. Someone pulled the engine to swap it, since this one had bent valves.

The engine he brought was no good, so removed the heads to have them repaired.

He quit, and left - everything laying around the shop.

My son ( it's his car) decided to remove the intake and paint it red. That is when the tube was removed.

Okay, found the place to connect to hose to the manifold and the regulator,

However , I found this metal pipe on the cart, that I have no idea where it goes. It still has some rubber vacuum line on it from when it was removed,.

post-28692-136027648823_thumb.jpg

post-28692-13602764883_thumb.jpg

Thanks,

I'll check, but I don't think this is one of those lines on your manifold.

My EGr is hooked up, the fuel press regulator is hooked up and the engine runs (not well without the airbox on it.)

Since this line is painted black, I think it has something to do with the air box, filter system.

Probably one of the evap system lines. I've never seen the hard line with the T in it like that though, so I can only guess where it goes. I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the airbox though.

Is this engine original to the car? You can look on the bottom of the hood there is a sticker/label with the routing diagram for all of the vacuum hoses.