Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Found a 360 van for sale; question

I found this on Craigslist last month. I haven't heard back from the guy, but I've seen the ad a few times over the last few months so it may still be available. I want it...but don't have a spot for it unless I can do something quick to get it moving (I only have street parking). Oh, let me get the link while I'm here:

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/2415811191.html

He says it doesn't have the original motor or trannie, no word on whether there is something else in there (I'm thinking not). Are these vans like VWs with rear engines? And if so, how on earth could I go about putting something bigger in there? I suppose I could persuade an E series of some sort on there (81? 82? something else?) with an appropriate transmission, but how would you get a rear facing set up to make the vehicle go forward, instead of backwards? Other than this I don't mind parking it while working on glass, lights, etc--it just has to roll on request or it may get towed.

Or is it a front mounted set up with lots of space in the rear? If that's the case I'll slap something in it and get it going and worry about details later.

And if I don't pick it up, does someone here want it?