Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi Great Site. Thanks

Hi USMB members, I own 2 1985 4x4 wagons, one dual range and the other is auto. I'll will be posting picture soon. I'm trying to keep them on the roads as best I can. A local mechanic said I should put a bullet in my dual range a while back. I stopped going to his garage, and now I want to do a lot of the work myself to save on labor costs, cause I'm broke, but also so I know it's done right. I bought the D/R (brown) while living in Colorado about 1994 and have had many great outings with it. I bought the Automatic (tannish color) about 2004 and put in a spare transmission it needed and I had from a third parts wagon that has since been disposed of. So, anyway, I lurked here many times, watched build threads, seen your videos, tried to look up random things.

Thanks for being involved in this site hopefully I can help in some way too. Aaron

Thanks very much, I'll be doing that soon. It's is pretty easy to post pics on here right? Is there a limit to the number of pics in a post or some rule that I overlooked? How about size of picture, i don't want members to have to scroll to see the whole photo, you know what I mean? Thanks for the welcome!

Welcome to USMB! It's always great to have another enthusiast around :D As for pix, no limits that i'm aware of. Easiest way is to upload them to photobucket, and then I try to ensure they are no wider than 800 pixels, that way the screen doesnt have to stretch to fit it, anyhow, then insert the image via the button on the reply box and voila! Best of luck to ya! Cant wait to see some pix! :)

yup, she pretty well explained it for ya...

altho - i have never used that "image" button - i just copy the link from photobucket, and paste into my post - has always worked just fine. (dont use the "insert link" button either - just copy/paste :))

you will have 2 options for posting to forums - you can go full size, or you can go clickable thumbnails - if you go thumbnails it makes no difference how big the pics are. ;)

Thanks very much GirlwithaLegacy and heartless, that should help me a lot. I'm planning on doing some photos of the cars as they are and then as I work on them. They both are very much stock cars, and I have driven the D/R much more than the Automatic. Any way, once I get some photos into photobucket, I'll start posting here with questions. I'll check out your galleries too. Very cool. Yes, I am a Subaru fan for sure, my D/R has earned it, with all the off road trips and crazy places it has taken me. I have never owned any of the newer cars or older ones. I sure wish you all the best! Thanks Aaron