Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Vanity Mirror Lights, Cig Lighter, and Side View Mirror Adjuster Issues.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TBFK

TBFK

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Roseburg

Posted 21 July 2011 - 08:24 PM

Hello,

So here's my issue. Whenever I try to adjust my mirrors, open the visors to get the lights to come on while using the mirror, and when trying to use the cigarette lighter plug for cell phone chargers and stuff like that....The security light flashes and those three things will not work. If anyone know why this is happening, or how to fix it, please let me know. it's starting to get really irritating. I may have not explained it well enought, if I haven't, please ask to explain it better. Anything Helps!! Thank you in advance fellow Subaru Owners:)

#2 heartless

heartless

Do YOU Subaru?

• Members
  • 2,854 posts
  • North Central Wisconsin

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:29 AM

1. Year and model

2. Is this a factory security system, or aftermarket???

sounds almost like the security system is tied to the fuse on those items (wont swear to it, but i think those 3 items are linked in the fuse panel?)
If it is an aftermarket system that could be your problem.

#3 johnceggleston

johnceggleston

Lite Master of the Subaru

• Gold Subscribers
  • 6,402 posts
  • Virginia

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:59 AM

it sound like the thing is wired wrong. some how the wrong feed? was used to power the unit (or the like) and when it activates? it disconnects something?.

remove the ''black box'' alarm unit and see what works and what doesn't, if anything. it has a couple of white connectors and if you can reach it should be pretty easy to do .

#4 TBFK

TBFK

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Roseburg

Posted 22 July 2011 - 11:56 AM

It's a factory alarm system. I have a 97 legacy lsi. Any Idea where that box would be?

#5 Fairtax4me

Fairtax4me

Su bah roo'n

• Gold Subscribers
  • 9,063 posts
  • Charlottesburg, VA

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:29 PM

I think it's stuffed up under the dash on the drivers side.

#6 TBFK

TBFK

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Roseburg

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:41 PM

Is their a specific name for it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users