Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

anyone done the mini lifts? 1" or 2"?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 tallwelder81

tallwelder81

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • maple valley

Posted 22 July 2011 - 05:35 PM

i seem to recall reading of them on here but now cant find any info.

i want my brat a bit taller. but im a rally man, not a crawler. and i take
corners fast.
plus, i honestly LIKE the way a brat looks with bigger tires, say 27", on a not uber-lifted body. kinda gives it that beefy, brawny, butch CAR look. compared to like a big truck with a shrunk down body look.
to each their own. i figure if my brat can climb over an abandoned dishwasher
on an old remote logging road, its doing anything and everything i will ever ask of it.

so yeaaaaaa....

anyone have any input on shorty lifts? 1" seems like more work and pain than its worth. maybe 2". posssssibly a 3 inch????

my whole view is that, if i refuse to run 29s or 30s, then my actual pumpkin and exhaust will still be not much higher than factory stock. if my ground clearance doesnt grow, a big lift does me no good in rally style play. i get the whole concept of approach/departure angles. and yea, it could help me some. but its not a priority. steady balance on a 40mph corner on loose gravel is more important and not something im willing to compromise.

does anyone sell 2 or 3 inch for ea81? i keep seeing ea82.

#2 92_rugby_subie

92_rugby_subie

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,990 posts
  • Hillsboro OR

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:01 PM

This should be in the off-road section I believe :rolleyes:

I think you could talk to Michael Appel or Scott In Bellingham they do lift kits and are pretty popular and respected for their quality here on the board (Im sure there are other names that Im missing, but those are the two Ive spoken to about lifts when I was going to lift my Scoob)

#3 tallwelder81

tallwelder81

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • maple valley

Posted 22 July 2011 - 11:52 PM

michel appel is kinda new and unproven. no offense to him,
you gotta start, nobody is born running.

and sjr looks good, he has a great reputation. but kinda expensive
for some chopped up rectangle mild steel tubing. and his site doesnt
list anything like a 2". but maybe theres a reason for that.
lack of demand? or maybe some technical problem, or 2" inch just
isnt worth the trouble of tearing apart your car.

#4 92_rugby_subie

92_rugby_subie

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,990 posts
  • Hillsboro OR

Posted 23 July 2011 - 12:23 AM

You can ask them though.... See what they would charge and stuff. I know Michael does a 2 inch, I asked about a 2 and a 4 on my car, but like I said, Im gonna stay low... like lower than I am now lol

#5 subcyclist

subcyclist

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • grants pass, oregon

Posted 23 July 2011 - 07:55 AM

http://www.ultimates...ead.php?t=94629 Cheers, Jeff

#6 The FNG

The FNG

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • Goldendale, WA

Posted 23 July 2011 - 12:01 PM

I should have one of those 2" lifts coming up for sale soon. It is currently on my EA82 Loyale, so I don't know if it will fit on your Brat. I bought the car with the 2" lift and I heard that Bill (TheBeastIDrive (509) 391-5903) made it. You gotta call him to talk to him. Anyway, I'm buying a larger lift, so when it arrives and gets installed, I can let you know if you are interested in my 2" lift and you can save some money.

#7 Vegablade

Vegablade

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • Concrete WA

Posted 23 July 2011 - 01:41 PM

http://www.ultimates...ead.php?t=94629 Cheers, Jeff

Sorry but this lift kit will not fit as the EA81 Brat as it has a slightly different setup. Also The FNG your lift kit will not fit his Brat as again the difference is EA82 Vs EA81.

Do you mind hacking your fenders? if so, then you might as well leave it stock. A 2" lift kit will not fit 29's or 30's at all. Even a 4" kit will need a bunch of trimming. I have a brat with a 4" lift kit and it will still need to trim a tiny bit to fit 27" tires. Its also going to affect your road handing a little, no way around it its just how all lift kits work.

Edited by Vegablade, 30 July 2011 - 10:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users