Ultimate Subaru Message Board

anyone done the mini lifts? 1" or 2"?

i seem to recall reading of them on here but now cant find any info.

i want my brat a bit taller. but im a rally man, not a crawler. and i take

corners fast.

plus, i honestly LIKE the way a brat looks with bigger tires, say 27", on a not uber-lifted body. kinda gives it that beefy, brawny, butch CAR look. compared to like a big truck with a shrunk down body look.

to each their own. i figure if my brat can climb over an abandoned dishwasher

on an old remote logging road, its doing anything and everything i will ever ask of it.

so yeaaaaaa....

anyone have any input on shorty lifts? 1" seems like more work and pain than its worth. maybe 2". posssssibly a 3 inch????

my whole view is that, if i refuse to run 29s or 30s, then my actual pumpkin and exhaust will still be not much higher than factory stock. if my ground clearance doesnt grow, a big lift does me no good in rally style play. i get the whole concept of approach/departure angles. and yea, it could help me some. but its not a priority. steady balance on a 40mph corner on loose gravel is more important and not something im willing to compromise.

does anyone sell 2 or 3 inch for ea81? i keep seeing ea82.

This should be in the off-road section I believe :rolleyes:

I think you could talk to Michael Appel or Scott In Bellingham they do lift kits and are pretty popular and respected for their quality here on the board (Im sure there are other names that Im missing, but those are the two Ive spoken to about lifts when I was going to lift my Scoob)

michel appel is kinda new and unproven. no offense to him,

you gotta start, nobody is born running.

and sjr looks good, he has a great reputation. but kinda expensive

for some chopped up rectangle mild steel tubing. and his site doesnt

list anything like a 2". but maybe theres a reason for that.

lack of demand? or maybe some technical problem, or 2" inch just

isnt worth the trouble of tearing apart your car.

I should have one of those 2" lifts coming up for sale soon. It is currently on my EA82 Loyale, so I don't know if it will fit on your Brat. I bought the car with the 2" lift and I heard that Bill (TheBeastIDrive (509) 391-5903) made it. You gotta call him to talk to him. Anyway, I'm buying a larger lift, so when it arrives and gets installed, I can let you know if you are interested in my 2" lift and you can save some money.

Sorry but this lift kit will not fit as the EA81 Brat as it has a slightly different setup. Also The FNG your lift kit will not fit his Brat as again the difference is EA82 Vs EA81.

Do you mind hacking your fenders? if so, then you might as well leave it stock. A 2" lift kit will not fit 29's or 30's at all. Even a 4" kit will need a bunch of trimming. I have a brat with a 4" lift kit and it will still need to trim a tiny bit to fit 27" tires. Its also going to affect your road handing a little, no way around it its just how all lift kits work.

Edited by Vegablade