Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Just Making Sure...

subi dude

just making sure. when i do a EJ swap, am i going to be able to hook up the power steering and A/C?

sorry if all these questions get annoying. just need to know before i spend $1000+

thanks,

subi_dude

The power steering lines off of the EJ pump mount right to the EA steering rack points on the engine crossmember no problem, just make a couple small bends to line them up. The AC is doable but my problem I ran into was no room for the condenser because I had to put radiator fans in front of my radiator instead of the usual behind. So that took the spot that the AC condenser was in and then I lost interest. I still would like to have AC again one day just not a big priority. Let us know what you come up with.

for my setup. i used a ejmotor (ej251), a powersteering pump from a 1st gen legacy with the EA reservoir, and the EA pressure and return hoses. they dont line up perfect but they connect. the return hose i think just has to be modified slightly to make it fit better.

the ej251 lines i tried to make fit would have needed a 180 degree bend to face the right way.

Hehehe... the differences between a LHD and RHD vehicles. In Oz, being RHD, the power steering lines bolt right in without any bending required :rolleyes:

AC - I've not got around to having custom pipes made up but it is on my to do list!

Cmiller: how have you not fitted the fans behind the radiator? I've got a 3 core radiator in my L with three fans strategically placed in the room I have between that and the front of the EJ. Just a little imagination!

Cheers

Bennie

hello i am brand new to a forum site dont know how to use it but if anybody can help me it would be soo appreciated. am trying to find out about an engine swap from the stock engine in 87 gl wagon to a great condition 84 engine will this work? any help info ect even call if serious 208 989 5641 thanks chad in idaho

hello i am brand new to a forum site dont know how to use it but if anybody can help me it would be soo appreciated. am trying to find out about an engine swap from the stock engine in 87 gl wagon to a great condition 84 engine will this work? any help info ect even call if serious 208 989 5641 thanks chad in idaho

I've replied to your other thread that I presume you started after this post.

Best way to find out about things is to do a search first then ask if you don't find what you're looking for. There are some interesting bits of info you'll find as you search for your answer ;)

Cheers

Bennie