Ultimate Subaru Message Board

new to group with baja seat question

hi group, i'm on about my 11th subaru here in colorado. this 06 is my 2nd baja. works well for me as i must get out most every day year round. blizzard or not.

now the question: I need to get more leg room as i'm getting way old and don't like being cramp so much these days. (its a real med issue)

legacy/outback other seats with longer tracks don't aline with the floor pan.

i've been trying to locate an electric seat thinking more choices of angles and hieght would help. any leads? the only one i can find has been in the northeast (MA) weather for several years. i've thought of rebuilding it with legacy seat parts. but, its kind of tuff to pay that kind of freight on a junk seat. i've found a new one for $1200. (i really like my baja).

question #2: anyone out there have a baja with a power seat? does it give more leg room?

thanks, bob

it's usually not too hard to fabricate a seat or make one subaru model fit another. sounds like you looked into it before?

do you think just raising it an inch might help? probably wouldn't be hard to use some spacers to raise yours up a bit. this might verify for you that an adjustable seat would be good before buying one if height alone can help.

find one for sale close by with power seats and test drive..or sit..in it?

looks like electric seats were available for the baja, can you buy a used one of those?:

$95 electric, cloth 1-800-686-5644

$135 for leather 1-800-662-6150

shipping will suck but better than $1,200.

I put a power seat in my 2006 Baja. my seat was from a 2003 but I swapped over my leather/cloth parts so my interior would still match. The good thing is that the plug under the seat is there so you can just plug it in and it will work. Actually if you don't care what it looks like you can just bolt it in and plug it in and go with it.

I believe that it gives you more options in seating positions (tilt etc) but not in leg room that I noticed.

here is my writeup on another forum about it: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1579409&highlight=power+seat