Ultimate Subaru Message Board

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whenever I have spray painted aluminum on a car, it looks good for about 6 months, then starts to flake off, even after the best preparation and priming. If it were me, I would spray clear cote to avoid oxidizing (aluminum rust), and consider the job done. Even if some of the clear cote does come off, it will not be very noticeable, and ez to touch up.

Whenever I have spray painted aluminum on a car, it looks good for about 6 months, then starts to flake off, even after the best preparation and priming. If it were me, I would spray clear cote to avoid oxidizing (aluminum rust), and consider the job done. Even if some of the clear cote does come off, it will not be very noticeable, and ez to touch up.

thanks Rooster, i will consider that.

You could powder coat your wheels to any color. They would look really nice, and finish would be durable, but I am thinking powder coating is expensive.

i once worked at a perpetual powder co, i got a set done for nothing, i wish i could get back in that job but they refuse me.:(

it is expensive, yes.

Fast Turn signal is fixed, well temporary.

i sanded the socket very corroded, sanded the nipples on the bulb also corroded, put it back in and still blinked fast ! :confused:

the bulb its self is going bad, the glass dome turns in its casing AH :lol: HA !

i got the bulb to have a good connection and bingo! blinked normally. i will have to replace that bulb. as i think it will not last to much longer.

also i checked the fuses for the rear wiper and they are good. is their a fuse on the motor some where ? if not it must be the motor its self is done.

electrical issues challenges me so,....:-\

Fast Turn signal is fixed, well temporary.

i sanded the socket very corroded, sanded the nipples on the bulb also corroded, put it back in and still blinked fast ! :confused:

the bulb its self is going bad, the glass dome turns in its casing AH :lol: HA !

i got the bulb to have a good connection and bingo! blinked normally. i will have to replace that bulb. as i think it will not last to much longer.

also i checked the fuses for the rear wiper and they are good. is their a fuse on the motor some where ? if not it must be the motor its self is done.

electrical issues challenges me so,....:-\

Good work on the turn signal fix! I was sure you would find the problem to be the bulb socket, when I suggested looking there.

I agree, electrical work can be a pain. Simple wiring and checking for continuity is okay, but running around with a meter checking ohm values is something I have no patience for.

As for the rear wiper motor, I would go to the wiper electrical motor, pull the wiring connector, and see if you have 12V at the connector with the wiper motor switch turned on. If so, then the motor is bad. Removing the plastic panel that is on the inside of the tailgate door is easy to do to get to the motor. You prolly already know all of this. Unlikely the wiper switch at the steering wheel is bad.

ran the outback today, well sitting.

decided o hold the engine at 3k and a weird smell came threw the vents :-\

kinda reminded me if Chicken Oodles of Noodles (ramen noodles) :confused:

what the ?

any idea what could cause that smell ? that is to weird for me, i had ask you guys.

What fantastic stuff have you found? Expected a link, but none found.

Sorry about that. Thought this may be a great product for keeping the wheels looking good. If you read around on that site he tells how he polishes things up. Those wheels would look way cool polished. Lot of work though to get there I admit.

http://www.roadsters.com/gibbs/

Edited by bigjimd

i'm willing to trade this outback off for an SVX

Prefer:5 speed or 4.44 swap but a good stock trans one will do.

Must: gray / black interior

dont have to get rid of it, but just in case anyone wants to trade their svx, i'd love to

Edited by SubaruJawn

see the little hole where the drivers switch is..does anyone know if it had some type of lens on that area? Because I look inside and I can see a little green light but almost all I see are missing for some reason.

The switch is the same as on my car. I don't know if there is a lens or piece of clear plastic in there or not. I will try to remember to look closely at mine tomorrow. It is a handy idea.......the little green light is wired into the headlight circuit. Driving at night, the light shows the driver which window switch is the one for the driver's door window.