Ultimate Subaru Message Board

In love again

Bought my first Suby out off desperation after I flipped a FIERO, .....80's , 5sp 2wd wagon? 2nd was same only 2dr? 3rd was 92 Loyale with automatic, that came to me when I needed one most,never new much about them, but I knew I was in love....so I'M in desperation mode again and looking to buy a Loyale wagon, think I found a cutie,but it's automatic, I know how you folks feel about that , but that's ok ,just had 11 screws & a plate in my right arm + cracked elbow, so auto is good right now....I'm gonna try to sweeten this one a little for NE winter, tires,lift,etc..any advice/comments would be appreciated..thanks for being in love with em !!

you from cranston mass? im not too far away in west hartford ct! first off i would go bigger on tires......well for snow at least..... more surface area on the tires = more weight distribution over a wider tire..... stay with meaty stock size tires.....if you do lift you can go taller (not much) i havent seen alot of lift on a soob yet.... maybe like 3 inches.....after that you hafta do alot of work so you wont break the front axels.... (so ive read) definitly get awd if possible or do an awd conversion.... itd be a pain to do it yourself. and id love to own a 5 spd soob but auto is workin just fine for me right now.... they are alot slower acceleration wise compared to a 5 spd but in your case i dont think you would mind that too much :burnout: ..... hope this helps lol not much more than you should already know..... oh and stay away from the ej25 (2.5 liter) they make more power and torque than the 2.2L BUT have head gasket issues..... no fun!

take care!

-Jarrid

no from cranston,RI...trying to get in touch with someone who got a real pretty92 Loyale wagon with A/T in Straford..the way it looks around here on E Coast, may have to settle on a newer Suby, which I really am trying to avoid, don't know much about them ,plus general distrust of newer vehicles, yeah I had a perfect cond 93 wagon with a/t in hawaii, kinda slow, thats ok for now, just don't want to stess out an a/t adding bigger tires/ lift ,etc...was thinking about 2-4 lift & tires, then at least I'll have a foundation to start with if i want to swap...any info much appriciated,thanks..