Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Pics of BRAT painted UPDATE New tire Pic added

Nice color. So your going to 33's now.:eek: I got to wonder, how does that thing wheel like that. I've just got 30's on my wagon and I still do alot of clutch slipping to get over stuff. How the hell does that thing go with 33's? I don't think your built ER27 can have that much more power than my EJ22 Turbo, Can it:confused:

With the 30's I had some clutch slipage but not a great deal in low. The new arrangement will actually be better off than the 30's. I am locking the subaru tranny in 4 low. By good fortune the ratio with the 33s and low range works out to the same ratio with the stock tires in high range. So I will actually be geared like stock. The new low range will be delivered by the Nissan transfer case so Subaru low is now high, and the Nissan handles low.

Power is fantstic with the ER27. I had built to 260 and had a bearing failure, not related to the increased output, just a bad bearing. The current build dynoed at 240 and the CR is a bit lower.

Curious....does it have a nickname yet?

Screaming Blue Meanie? Just too sweet!!Can't wait to see it up close.

That sucker is going to cause a stir at Carlisle.I'll bet there's at least three more like it by next year.Only bitch is it'll drive up the price of Brats on the east coast. :eek:

240? as in HP? are you *****ing me?:eek: I'm guessing I'm might be getting close to the stock 160Hp, maybe a little more low RPM tourqe due to the higher compression ratio but not real sure.

So your going with the T-case mod? :rolleyes: Sorry I just think of it as cheating. Probly becouse I didn't do it to start with.:o

I still plan on building a Justy with Zuki strait axles and 35's :headbang:

Hey Brat, one of the greatest offerings of the T-case mod is the run of gears that you have. Then next is the fact that you can do some serious crawling. But back to number 1. You can get a set of 4.444 diffs to put in there, that would effectivly lower the final gear ratio, would be good with 33's.

Bingo Adam, what I am doing is running the Subaru tranny in low until I get my other R180 and 2 more STI half shafts, then I will let the diffs do the reduction rather than the tranny (plus upgraded shafts). I am looking for a smashed STI for those parts as well as a swap donor for engine and tranny to my 99RS-T. It won't be right away though I have to build up my green blood cell count after bleeding the money to finish the BRAT.