Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Tahoe newb

Hi,

My name is Jon, we have a 2005 outback xt limited with about 115,000 miles on the clock. A great car that is really fun to drive, but we have a mystery tranny problem that is going to force us to take a bath on trading it in if we can't fix it. ( I resureccted an old thread on here describing it.)

The first new car I ever owned was an 84 subie wagon gl. What a great car. we outgrew it but I saw that car for years here at South Lake Tahoe.

Hope to have the xt for many more years, but I don't know. I guess a lot of folks have had turbo issues, but ours has been fine. Fastest car I've ever owned.

Hi Jon,

Before you take drastic action and start involving those crooks down at Michael Hohl, bring it in to see the guys at Norm's Auto Repair. They're in South Lake, over on Ruth ave. You probably see their adverts in the "Tahoe Mountain News" every month. I won't take my Subaru anywhere else, these guys are tops!

Welcome to the family...

Hi,

My name is Jon, we have a 2005 outback xt limited with about 115,000 miles on the clock. A great car that is really fun to drive, but we have a mystery tranny problem that is going to force us to take a bath on trading it in if we can't fix it. ( I resureccted an old thread on here describing it.)

The first new car I ever owned was an 84 subie wagon gl. What a great car. we outgrew it but I saw that car for years here at South Lake Tahoe.

Hope to have the xt for many more years, but I don't know. I guess a lot of folks have had turbo issues, but ours has been fine. Fastest car I've ever owned.

Been there, done that, got the license plate holder lol. Norms will not work on the 5EAT trans, much to my disapointment because that is a good shop and very honest. I've been using Norms for years.

To Micheal Hohls credit, they did spend over an hour on the car. And the mechanic took it home from Carson city to washoe valley and back to work the next day with a monitor on it and of course the problem did not display itself for them.

They didn't charge me a dime, which surprized me.