Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Suspension Problems

I have an 85 Brat daily driver that has developed wheel alignment problems. The front has castor and camber problem, where there is no adjustments and causing belt separation in the tires. The rear has suspension issue that is wearing out inner treads on both sides while outer

tread does not. No alignment shops including Frame Shops will touch it. I can't believe this will kill the car. Can anyone help?

The front has castor and camber problem, where there is no adjustments and causing belt separation in the tires. The rear has suspension issue that is wearing out inner treads on both sides while outer

struts

bushings

tie rods

(what caboob just said)

was it ever wrecked or abused - measurements will show components out of symmetry. why won't a shop "touch it".....is it beat, rusted, there has to be a reason, they don't just make that up, fess up and tell us what you did to this thing?:lol::lol:

I bought this car new on Columbus Day 1985. Rolled it once in 1991, but(100K miles on it since then), as I said this is a daily driver that gets 70 miles a day (All highway), and has little rust(garaged most of its life). I converted to Rear Disc's in 2006 and replaced the wheel bearings last summer when this problem first showed up. I am, however using wheel adapters in the rear to run P185 70 R14's, which pushes the wheels out 1.25" on either side. I was told by a mechanic that the problem could just be worn bushings.

The shop wouldnt touch my loyale, the rear inner part of the tire is toe'd in, wearing bad and he said there was nothing he could do, if you had rolled it make sure you didnt damage your frame or twist it cause if im correct these cars do not have chassis and can be bent and twisted easily with a rollover, but, like he said, check your bushings, mine look old an worn, but maybe the adapters have some play in this, bad shocks possibly? but honestly no one can tell me why mine was like that, but thats just my 02. cents, good luck!:)