Ultimate Subaru Message Board

bonvos winter warrior

Very cool!

I have thought about the same thing. Right now Im using a custon sleeping platform for mine. Its a bit snug, but one huge benefit it the massive cargo stowage potential.

http://www.bonnefinstudios.com/kwb/automotive/RU/expoRU06.jpg

http://www.bonnefinstudios.com/kwb/automotive/RU/expoRU12.jpg

Its even color matched to the interior, so its not so obvious, even without window tint. :headbang:

http://www.bonnefinstudios.com/kwb/automotive/RU/expoRU16.jpg

i love to go camping so i present to you my little project for the summer the wag tent!

i plan to start making this when i have cash this summer

Cool bonvo! Here are some examples of the Tailender tent which was available in the late 1970s from Subaru Oz for $333.10 :eek:

img028.jpg

img027.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

today i rebuilt the front calapers to get rid of my leak and ill say this having the hand brake work the front calapers makes taking them apart and puting them together a ***************

76ACC735-orig.jpg

painted and reinstalled

C999F34A-orig.jpg

1B507082-orig.jpg

Rock on bonvo :headbang: Just read the entire thread. To me, this is what being a car guy is all about, making the most of what you've got. While full on restorations are certainly cool, what you are doing here is within reach of just about anyone. Looking forward to seeing more.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the thread and all the great pictures. I'm getting a '78 wagon tomorrow and it's a bit on the rusty side. Looking at all the work and joy that you're putting into this wagon is thrilling as I think of what I'll be doing with mine here very soon. Keep it coming, I'm loving it.:headbang:

• 4 months later...

well its been a while since i posted but here we go took drove the datsun for most of the summer and took it to canby oregon for an all datsun show and won 1st place in the datsun "other" catagory

522044.jpg

IMAG0427.jpg

IMAG0426.jpg

then after i got back the motor started for the last time less then 60 psi of compression isnt gonna cut it so i started driving the subi again

today i gave her a nice bath tomorrow im going to pull the carb and clean it AGAIN and check for vacuum leaks as well as detail the interior

im torn between the sr20 and the vg30 for the datto both have there advantages and disadvantages.

the subi is just fonna take an afternoon worth of work nothing major but this is the third time i have had to take it apart and clean it out i need a weber adapter so i can throw my good carb on it lol

Eh! Idk about the VG, I would go RB before a VG. But I figure the SR,s are cheap, lighter weight, and be and easy fit.

Have you put one of those micro filters inline to the carb yet? I put one of those cheap Mr.gasket ones on mine and I didn't have to take the carb apart after everytime I put gas I'm the tank anymore. The stock filters just don't seem to cut it.

an rb is to long and wont fit in the bay. im considering the vg30 because i have a hard time justifying an engine swap without more cylinders, plus the wide range of induction setups i can get for it.

as for the micro filter no i havnt i was going to install another stock filter after the pump but im liking that idea more

• 1 month later...

well i got in it one day and it wouldnt start at all pump the gas no squirt fromt eh accel pump.....************ so i pulled the carb off and ordered another kit this time i spent the 10 extra bucks for the good one and it came with all kinds of parts to replace that the other one didnt and good instructions!! this time it sat in the chem dip for 10 days compressed air and fine wires were used to make sure every last freaking passage was clear. team that with the 2 filters and the soon to come tank cleaning and hopfully i wont be rebuilding it again in 6 months

i just want to say thank you to the hitachi company for creating the most over complicated 2 bbl carberator in freaking existance

hi idle cams in the choke housing ran by linkage? seriously come on guys

AAD73E08-orig.jpg

carb semi exploded

13122573-orig.jpg

90% assembled

A12E9B55-orig.jpg

the choke has 2 vacuum diaphrams that control it as well as the the bimetal spring AND the high idle cams so many extra parts to control the simple basics as soon as i have a little more cash im rejetting the weber i have on the datto and putting it on this such a simpler design

Edited by bonvo