Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1979 Brat need replacent for front struts

Does any one know the replacement part numbers for KYB struts I am having a very difficult time finding the front and rear The rears would be shocks. And also the website for PK Davis I hear they have a good lifting kit I would like to install the Toyota 15" rims with the six lug pattern. I have a 79 Red Brat 1.6

(this post should really be in the 'historic' section)

I couldn't find original parts for my brat. I did however find a friendly helpful shock guy and managed to find some shocks that fit the rear and some inserts that fit into the front struts with slight modification.

• Like 1

(this post should really be in the 'historic' section)

I couldn't find original parts for my brat. I did however find a friendly helpful shock guy and managed to find some shocks that fit the rear and some inserts that fit into the front struts with slight modification.

Could you please let me know what inserts fit and what modifications were needed. I have been looking for struts for my '81 Brat for some time now with no success. Any info would be much appreciated. If you wish, you can pm me at: btw_alta@telusplanet.net Thanks.