Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '92 Landcruiser: Safariwagon-II

The results were from a full tank, I put 85 miles on it in one day, filled it up today as it was at 3/4 tank and did the math.

Why couldn't this rig get close to 17mpg? Our 2001 Ram 2500 5.9 Magnum V8 gets about 19mpg and thats closer to 7,000lbs Vs. the Landcruisers 4,200lbs.

I will say though, with its 25gal tank, it sure is a gas hog Lol! Its not really underpowered, its quicker then either of my Subarus, plus it has the torque to get you up to 60 pretty quick, Slow revving Inline-6 FTW ;)

Not just start calculating with a full tank, but use a full tank (ok, well don't run out...). Then run the numbers. If I fill up at the top of a mountain pass and drive downhill for 85 miles, then fill up again. My gas mileage would be amazing! But you'll get a better average over 20 gallons of gas than 4.

As Promised: Here Goes one Picture of the Lifted Land Cruiser Wagon that belongs to my Friend, in front of my Bumble Beast! :)

I Don't want to Hijack this Thread posting more pictures here, so I opened a New Album (4X4) on my Facebook account; anyone who want to see those many Pics of 4X4 and Honduran Off-Roading, feel free to add me as Friend, just say that you come from USMB! :D

My Friend, Mr. Castillo (The owner and Mechanic who does that lifts) told me that he Disassembled the Whole Suspension that originally got its Mounting points located on the Top of the Chassis, He Removed them from the top and Relocated them to the Bottom of the Chassis.

So the Suspension Dropped a Long Way, Then he just Needed to make lenghtened Brake Lines plus few other minor things and Reassembled all together.

That allows to Run Larger Rims and Tires.

Please let me Know what do you think about.

Kind Regards.

post-17344-136027650493_thumb.jpg

So, you're Selling the LandCruiser? it didn't lasted much time with you... are insurance costs too high for it?

Its about $480 every 6 months to insure it. Add $400 for the loyale and $200+ for the Legacy and its a little to high for my taste.

Some guy called me 10min after I posted the ad, he might come out and look at it.

Ya, I wouldn't sell this. You know what you have at this point after a bunch of repairs. It's a pretty cool car.

Its about $480 every 6 months to insure it. Add $400 for the loyale and $200+ for the Legacy and its a little to high for my taste.

Some guy called me 10min after I posted the ad, he might come out and look at it.

Weird your loyale insurance is more than the legacy, for me it's the reverse. The GL is half what the legacy is.

I manage to keep all the following but only keep insurance on 2 at a time.

85 BRAT

94 Legacy Sport

91 CRX si

91 Civic Si

I keep BRAT insurance year round, but do not drive it in snow or wet roads in winter when they are salted.

From first snow to last snow i only insure the Legacy and the Brat; the only tires I own for the Legacy are snows, and i only drive the Brat when the roads are clear and dry, otherwise it is only Legacy. I have all season and i have snows for the BRAT in case i get broke down in the SS I have a Backup to at least haul my dogs if needed, like a vet trip etc.

In spring i then drop insurance on the Legacy and start coverage on the CRX, and then in the fall i drop coverage on the CRX and begin to drive the Civic.

Right now, i am going to be soon dropping coverage for honda civic and they both will get tucked in the far front of the garage until spring again when it is warm and now snow.

The legacy has been sitting in the garage since April, in the front stall. I started it twice since then. It has a collection of boxes, parts on the trunk and hood and roof. It is due for a oil change, and tire pressure check but ready to be driven.

Only have liability only on all above vehicles when i do have insurance. My agent is very good and i talk with her several times a season..

The reason I always keep insurance on the BRAT is i will not take my dogs in either Honda.

Edited by bheinen74

I want an old CRX. Those things are awesome.

1984 or 86 FTW!

Well, dude didn't like the price tag of $4,000, wanted it for $3,600. I said, not interested but thanks, goodbye.

So chances are, I will keep it for the time being. I can always sell it, its hard to get something back once its gone (As a buddy of mine knows) ;)

I would like the idea of insuring the vehicles seasonally, But both the Landcruiser and Legacy are going to be the daily winter drivers, while the Loyale is in the garage. I can not drop the insurance on the Loyale as my rates will go up, they are giving me the rate of a 30 y.o on the Loyale which keeps my others lower (I also get multi-car discount)

Its kinda hard to find the 80-series around here, Although, there are a few 60 and 62 series for sale now out of the blue.

Just an update, This will probably be the last time you will see any update to this rig, or any other, as I will probably get banned in a short time.

It's been a good run.

Relax and take a break if you need to. The build threads are neat and enjoyed here. I don't think theres any reason for you to dig a hole deep enough to get banned.

Ask your insurance agent about a garage policy. Its usually around $10/month. My agent allows me to drive a garaged vehicle for a few days if I need to and just flips it on/off as needed. Vehicles like my Turbo Brat get this treatment in the winter as I try to keep them clean of all the road crap.

Ask your insurance agent about a garage policy. Its usually around $10/month. My agent allows me to drive a garaged vehicle for a few days if I need to and just flips it on/off as needed. Vehicles like my Turbo Brat get this treatment in the winter as I try to keep them clean of all the road crap.

This is what I do as well. My wrx, gl wagon, and brat all go off for the winters, and the legacy comes out for the winter. And I only have two at a time insured max. I'm usually working on the others while I'm drive the other one or two :o