Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '92 Landcruiser: Safariwagon-II

I haven't looked up any places that "Might" Sipe tires. But I have heard mixed reviews on the KM2s as well. Some of the Land Cruiser guys say they suck on snowy roads, yet the Jeep guys love them. Personally I'll deal with the cons of this tire, just need to adjust your driving style and get a grasp on what the vehicles reaction is.

Don't matter much anyway, WI is snowless YAY! :clap:

But I have heard mixed reviews on the KM2s as well. Some of the Land Cruiser guys say they suck on snowy roads, yet the Jeep guys love them.

It could just depend on the conditions too, and whether their driving is on the paved roads, gravel, or off-road. I would certainly rather have a heavily siped tire on ice or in the rain on pavement, or wet ice or snow on top of ice... but for loose or deep snow off-road, it might not matter as much.

Don't matter much anyway, WI is snowless YAY! :clap:

They're saying that we will get some tonight, up to an inch accumulation by the morning, but then nothing else in the 7-day forecast after that. It's supposed to be in the mid 30's tomorrow, and the 40's on Sunday, so it will probably melt off if we do get any. icon14.gif

I love it when it snows, but I'm hoping it stays clear for a little while longer... my car isn't ready yet! zzz

My subaru did way better in the snow on regular all seasons unlifted then it ever did with the mud terrains lifted.

Ben, that is because those mud terrains are like 25 years old that you have on there, and when that old, the rubber turns hard like a hockey puck, not soft and pliable like a tire newer than 4 years old is. Your tires are so hard when that old, it is just like a hockey puck on the ice rink, no ability to grip.

Now have JDM white/clear corner lights with orange HP LEDs from superbrightleds.com, and aftermarket clear turn signals. Looks pretty nice I think.

Looking at getting an OME 3" lift kit from either Slee or some other supplier (Looking at close to $1,000 for the kit) My truck leans to the left a little, probably a weak spring which the 80s are notorious for, being such heavy beasts.

"Nimble as an Ox!"

New Genuine fuel filter straight from Lafayette, IN Toyota. The filter which was in there was a Wix, and was loose and installed the wrong way.

New filter, high gloss thick power coat black with new bracket, shouldn't rust a while.

One thing I like about the Toyota Vs. Subaru is, the fuel lines attach to the filter with two Banjo bolts (Like a Brake Caliper) Over engineered to say the least. :cool:

Once I get the suspension kit, I will have access to a vehicle lift and wood burning stove (Thanks to Jboy) which will make this install that much easier and I won't have to freeze.

I think this will be the biggest Land Cruiser in Waukesha CO. Interesting fact, Toyota only imported 15,000 Land Cruisers with the 3F-E 4.0 Straight-6 and A440 trans into the U.S before the 1994 debut of the 1FZF-E 4.5 Twin Cam Straight-6 with the A442 trans (aka Bus Transmission) so this here '92 is something to be had.