Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Alright, i got a non subaru question, where can i ask it, if at all?

well, i'm a wee bit cunfused as of now, the off topic forum is gone, and i've got a pretty urgent problem; and would really appreceiate the input of the brilliant minds on this board. If it really need be, you can delete this post, but i'd hope not. (mabey we could make a "non-subaru forum" for posts like this one....please....

But to my question....My dad's got a 93 geo storm gsi ('ve spent alot of time searching the net on this, no geo boards anywhere to be found) His O2 sensor is a bust. Its a heated o2 sensor, costs 190$. that is no where in our price range, so we gotta find a way around it. so my Q, is there any way to by pass it? can i use a single line non heated o2 sensor in its place? can i simply plug the hole? can i rig up some way to run without it? what can i do? 190$ doesn't work for me...i gotta find something.

Thanks, please don't delete this unless its absolutly necesary, this is my last resorte, i wouldn't have even bothered to infringe upon your new found subaru only rules, yet i am in between a rock and a hard place here.

Thank you for your help.

Guest taprackready

You can use a single wire/unheated sensor in its place. Did the same thing in a VW Jetta and had no problems.

Bill

Find a small parts place and ask for a universal sensor. I bought one for my del Sol at a fraction of the price. They usually come as a four wire, but have instructions on how to wire it as anything. All it really requires you to do is cut the connector assembly off the original and splice it into the wires from the universal sensor.

Best luck,

Keith

The off topic forum is closed and the USMB is for Subaru topics only. I have closed(rather than deleted) the topic only because people put time into the replies.

In the future off topic items will be deleted.