Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

1994 Toyota pickup Cat question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lostinthe202

lostinthe202

Currently Lost in the 510

• Members
  • 1,094 posts
  • Oakland, Ca

Posted 11 September 2011 - 05:47 PM

So some dirt-bag lowlife stole my catalytic converter last night. I don't have the money for another one right now, so I was thinking of welding in a piece of straight pipe to act as stop gap measure until I have the money to replace it.

Can anyone tell me what this is going to do to the performance of the truck? Will I hurt anything by doing this?

Thanks!

Will-

#2 Loyale 2.7 Turbo

Loyale 2.7 Turbo

The Mighty "BumbleBeast"

• Gold Subscribers
  • 5,535 posts
  • Roatán, Honduras.

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:24 PM

That's one of the Weirdest Steals I've ever Read. Didn't anyone Heard nothing?

Basically I Don't believe a Straight Pipe will Hurt anythin' but the Enviroment, but you must be Careful to Drive your car Without a Cat, 'cos it could be Against the Law where you Live.

Kind Regards.

#3 darkducati

darkducati

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • ATL

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:18 AM

They steal them for the platinum. Metal recyclers buy them. I hate to hear about deadbeats doing stuff like this. The straight pipe is fine. It won't hurt anything but most exhaust shops can install an aftermarket cat for about $150.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users