Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Engine identification?

well, yea, your engine is an EA-82, it'll have it engraved on the block, look towrds the front of the block, slightly left of center, it'll be there. the ea-81 tag is the older wagons is in the same place, as a matter of fact, i think thats kind of a universal place for the engine name on all the scoob y engines.

Thanks for the info now I have to figue out what to do to it first. It needs a clutch and rear axels as they were removed before I got it. And it needs rear wheel bearings.

As for after market My other car is a fiero and I am used to that.

do you by chance want to change that fiero to a cadero?

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/CaderoOwnersForum/

I have a 91 sev with the 4.9, that has compression in 7 cylinders,didn't know whin I bought it, because I was used to the 4.1 in my 82 eldo, was working on fixing it, but haven't done anything for several months, weather/money

I had to decide to either fix the seville or the subaru, and I went with the best option, the seville is too nice of a car to drive it during winter in IOWA SALT and snow, hardly any dings or rust :dead:

the subaru is rusty, and suffered a slight interference with a power pole, and is fun in the snow, and cost about $100 to fix:banana:

I have found many pages of good info on the cadero sites for help with the 4.9, including power and rebuild, will post links later

I am in Dayton. I have owned one 84 2wd gl and then the wife got a 88 auto wagon and then gave it to her dad and just last week end her dad gave her this one. I will fix it up. Before I am done she will find something else and I will keep it.