Ultimate Subaru Message Board

nothin but car/ truck issues this week(long)

I got to start Monday off on my Recycle truck with a whopping 3 stops b4 it threw the air compressor belt first thing.. I waited for 90 minutes for the shop truck to arrive and do a simple 5 minute belt swap, and away I went.

Ok so tuesday through thurday were uneventful. today (Friday) I make another great start first by being 20 minutes late ( my own fault )

Then I get about 15 stops on when my parking break decides to blow an O-ring (freakin air brakes)..and away I go again.. no problem.. So at the end of the day I jump in the hatch and take off for home.. Get to the top of the hill In town and stop at the light then I start to see steam coming from under MY hood.. The temp gauge says I am just over the normal mark and the light turns green so I take off and it cools down a bit. Then I figure I will stop @ my Brother-in-laws place to check it out after the car cools down a bit more. I gave it an hour then went out to have a look..I open the hood and the first thing I see is coolant all over everything. the second was my CV boot is no longer just pulled back it is shredded..dang..time to fix the axle again after I crank the suspension down. Then I check the radiator..She was dry even with the overflow bottle I had mounted under the hood... so I planned to fill the rad with water and start the car and see what happens. So I fill it up and the overflow too. I waited to top it off after the air escapes (normal stuff) but the water level kept on going out of sight. So I drop down and have a look underneath to see water making a nice stream off of the skid plate. Now I am getting nervous so I reach inder and around all the hoses, the water pump, and the radiator just in case..hand coms out greay but not wet....Oh boy I am looking forward to tomorrow. If you had the patience to read all of this please advise me. And I pray that you do not confirm my worst fear. Anyone with lots of EA81 parts is welcome to pipe up I may need them on short notice..

Mike