Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ideas for the faulty EA82 clock

So although the clock works in Ned currently (1986 GL) I want to see some ideas (pics included with product location - website, store, name etc) of what you have put IN its place. Maybe an LCD clock with multiple modes (outside temp, clock etc)

When it goes out I want to pull it out and put something in its stock place, not bigger than the space alotted.

Please post ideas and pictures, I just want a few ideas and Im sure other members would be interested as well :banana:

i need someone to fix my clock, i tried but messed it up. Had to get another one from pick n pull. It works now but doesn't keep correct time. Is my resistor bad or just the connection? if just the connection i might just do it right this time but wish i could just send it out to someone.

My Weberized EA82 has its Stock Yellowish Clock Runnin' Fine since New, in 1985... Never Fail but is Dim...

But I have seen one Loyale sedan here, that instead of the Clock, the owner Swapped the Big (Huge) part that has three Displays from the Dashboard of the toyota Tercel 4WD: one is (if I Remember well) the Front / Rear Angle, the Other is the Left / Right inclination; and the Last one was just the Clock.

That won't fit on the Clock's Space for Sure but in the Dashboard, he Placed in Front of the Clock and used the Clock's opening in the Dash to Route the Wires.

Just an Idea... it might Help you.

Kind Regards.

Even after I disconnect the battery the clock is still right on... I thought it was weird.

I find this odd, the Clock should keep in memory when the battery was pulled (Power was lost) How can it keep accurate time with no other 12v backup?

My '92s Clock still works right and proper. :)

I never ended up driving the car much, but I had a loyale with a faulty clock and I was putting in a CB radio. I gutted the clock, but kept the faceplate, to keep the hole smaller, and mounted the CB right in front of the clock. Having the clock power wires already there it was perfect.

I haven't messed with my clock yet, the cars still tore down for a re-seal, but I did do a little wrecking yarding to get some parts mine was missing, and I snatched a clock out of one of the wrecked Loyales so I could play with it.

I measured it out, and found a really close match in a thermometer, as seen in the picture below.

I had a thermometer built into the instrument cluster on my old 1986 VW GTI, and it was quite handy I thought, I always watched it when the outside temperature was close to freezing so I could be aware of black ice.

on the GTi, the temperature probe was located inside the driver’s side front fender in front of the wheel well, so it was pretty accurate.

if one were to put this thermometer in the dash, in place of the clock, I think it would be real easy to locate the probe in the same location as was found on the GTi

Edited by Stubies Subie

The best thing I ever did to the dead clock hole was an EJ22 swap...then I found a nice place for my aftermarket temp gauge.

Yeah I have read about the resistor thing to get the temp gauge to work...but that doesnt work if part of your cluster was dead before the swap.

post-18511-136027650394_thumb.jpg

Is the only difference of the trip comp clock, the color? Orange vs. Green? I must say, I do like the orange.

They should have made an Ice blue version ;)

I have actually been looking at clocks that have blue, purple, red lighting and stuff and some might fit which would be cool, but although my stereo does have a clock (this answers a previous post too) I leave it on the "station" or "track info" screen (IE 107.5 or I Got It - Gorilla Zoe) kinda thing so the clock on top is kinda nice, but I think outside temp would be awesome too :D