Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Yajima factory tour Japan link to pics "HUGE"

Heres the link read on it you want

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/subi81@sbcglobal.net/my_photos

click on:

"Misc subaru japan" for random shots around japan

"subaru factory japan" for the factory pics and visitors center

"subaru panoramas" timeline visitors center

"subaru sambar fix" Yes I got to fix my girlfriends sambar, yes I got to drive it too

"Subaru world HQ" they were closed but still cool wearing the WCSS 3 shirt

Ok over the Winter Vacation I went to Japan with my Girlfriend for 1 month.

First off the Japanise are Aoaky in my book everyone was so nice to me and wanted to know everything about America. We really are world trend setters.

Anyways my girlfriend's mom arranged for us to have a private tour (just us and the tour guild) of the Yajima factory.

I couldn't take pics inside the factory but they had a really cool visitors center, and I could take pics in there.

Some Hightlights of the pics that I took:

Couply pristine 360's

A brat from Colorado, 60k miles

Subaru Miricle car: only one in the world

Original 360 concept clay model

2001 wrx whole car cut in half, awsome!

2001 World rally car

some long distance legacy/forestor

5 or 6 whole moters with cutouts, svx, wrx, pleo etc.

a rabbit

all of these # are subject to depate I took the pics 3 months ago and this is all from memory.

After the tour I got to meet with the plant manager and talk with him for a little bit, I was so nervous I didn't even get a photo with him. He gave my girlfriend and I a box of Cookies, a poster, and a wind up subaru WRX. He was totally cool. I think his name was Mr. Nagakawasi.

While I was over there I also went to the Subaru World HQ and got some photos but I went there around the 1st so the place was all shut down. Took some pics with my wearing the WCSS 3 Shirt, Awsome.

Also I got to work on my girlfriends Sambar. They said that it would never warm up and always had to choke it. Turns out the Termostat was totally Crapped out (some pics). Had to go to the dealership to get the part, that was interesting because termostat means nothing to the japanise, so I had to draw them a picture. It was great!

I of course had to test drive the Sambar, that was really cool driving on the wrong side of the road.

Overall awsome trip would recommend to anyone.

No doubt one of the holy Mecca trips for the Subaru Enthusiast. I had the luxury of going there back in 99, great tour to go on, specially if you have someone read the Japanese for ya. Lotsa good info too. And they have my RX, I fell in love with that car on first sight. Unfortunatly I couldn't figure out how to sneak it out of a crowded building. Hmph, someday, someday I'll get that car!