Ultimate Subaru Message Board

After I installed the New Custom Grille I made, I took my Family to a Local Restaurant, here is a Photo of the  "BumbleBeast"  there, featuring the New Grille...

hPx9LrV.jpeg

...which Matches the  "interFooler"  Hood Scoop Design I made.

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo
to change the images' URL / uploaded to different server
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I have two items: PRAISE, and a greenhorn question.

To the PRAISE: I am completely blown away that anyone would be kind enough to his fellow man to do what Loyale 2.7 Turbo has done for us all in his "Ideas on Swaping a Weber Carb on EA82´s" article! I don't know if the guy is a Latino or a gringo (he's from Latin America, but lots of gringos have migrated "south of the border"), but a gringo would typically make some kind of book out of it, which you'd have to pay to access, so I'm figuring Loyale 2.7 Turbo to be a Christian(Catholic!) Latino, with his heart in the right place (at least not in his wallet!)! Muchas gracias!

To my dumber-than-a-dummy question: I am thinking of having someone do such a carburetor swap on my vehicle, which also has an EA82 engine (1986 GL, Loyale, 4-door sedan), but with a 2-barrel carburetor with an automatic choke. But what kind of autmatic choke? I have seen reference to electric, "water" (what's that?!) and manual chokes, so is my automatic choke electric, or what?

(Anybody can jump in here and try to answer this question -- in fact, Loyale 2.7 Turbo has already done enough for all of us!)

Thanks a heap (good sense... it can also be said sarcastically)!

subaruru

• Like 1

Thank you for your kind words about me, which are immensely appreciated; and No, I am not Gringo, (but many of my best friends are Gringos). You guessed it right: that I'm Catholic, and I've always thought that the best things in life are always free.  

I don't want money for my writeups, a simple "Thank You" (or hitting the ~► "Like" Button) is enough for me.  :D 

This thread has not any updates during all the past year, because my Beloved Subaru "BumbleBeast" worked flawlessly all year long, it only needed its regular oil changes.

About the Choke found on the Hitachi (Craptachi) carburator for the EA82's, it has "Electric" Choke, which means that there is a Resistor coil that opens the butterfly with heat, generated by a 12V input, and thus means it is automatic choke.

Kind Regards & Blessings.

► Edit: the "Like" Word is an interesting Web Link about the Subject.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, despite that during all the past year I did absolutely...

Nothing.gif

...Nothing to my Subaru "BumbleBeast" ... Except Drive it and its regular fluid Changes, 

This past weekend I had to change a torn inner axle Boot, using Zip Ties as always:

RubberBootampZipTies.jpg

Kind Regards.

• Like 1

I've been using them since year 1999 without any problem nor loose boots, but you have to tighten 'em strong enough to held the grease in place; the main advantages are easy to use and no razor edges against the soft Rubber, but avoid using "industrial Strength" ones, they might be too hard for the application, just use Good Quality ones.

More information & photos, here:

~►  http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/114267-advice-for-longer-cv-joints-life/

Kind Regards.

Have you ever felt the Seat on your Subie like a Rocking Chair?

The Subaru EA82 GL has a Complicated Air Conditioner Distribution Design, which includes a couple of Ducts under the Front Seats, one ends there to deliver Air to the Rear Passenger's Feet, and the other Duct delivers Air to the Rear Doors' Windows; this last Duct, passes through one of the Front seat supports, weakening its structure somehow.

The Weakest Front Seat Support, is the one located at the Rear of them, next to the point where the Seat Belt Anchors; there is the A/C Duct passing in the middle of said Support. I've seen some local Subies with those Supports Broken, especially the Driver's side one, and the owners didn't knew the reason why their Driver's side seat was loose and / or way too much reclined to the Back... (when said support is not only Broken, but also Deformed for using it like that) ...I Bet that many Subie owners could have same issue on their cars, without even knowing, nor completely noticing it.

So, that support on the Driver's Side in my Subaru "BumbleBeast" has broken for the Second Time... I Know: I am a Big Guy, 6' tall and over 110 Kg driving an Old Subie Wagon with Hardened "Reinforced" suspension, so the autogenous welding I did a couple of years ago to simply put that broken support together, will never last too much... so this was the Perfect Time to Reinforce that Seat Support and permanently getting Rid from that problem.

Facing hard times lately... (New Taxes in Honduras) ...I've to sell the Almost New set of Wheels (15" Rims + 25" Tires) that I obtained for my Beloved Subaru "BumbleBeast" some time ago...

It was a Good Deal, so I can't complain... The buyer almost paid the price I paid for everything, minus a percentage equal to the amount I wear from the Tires; and as a Plus, he gave me his old steel rims
(Also 15" with 25" tires) from his Hyundai Elantra.

What I Discovered is Nice: The Hyundai Elantra's Rims has exactly the Same Offset than the Subaru's Original 13" Rims!!! ... Look at the Pictures:

Also I hope so...

In honduras, schools start at February and ends at early november, so from mid november to January are vacation time... I needed the Money to pay the Tuition of my Li'l Daughter, for her School...

Also, as I mentioned in Post Nº 18 of this thread, I changed the Lug Pattern, from 4X140 to 4X114.3 since year 1996 without issues; that is the reason Why, any 114.3 rims will fit right on my "BumbleBeast:D 

Kind Regards.

I forgot to say the Nissan 240sx 15" alloys also has the Proper Offset,

Those are 15 X 6 with 40 offset. I have one of those as Spare Tire, see:

HPIM4897.jpg

I posted about this incident, here:

~► http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/99881-what-have-you-done-to-your-soobie-lately-please-post-in-here-and-keep-it-going/page-205?do=findComment&comment=1141661

Kind Regards.

That was Fun.  :D 

BumbleBeast was a Name I invented long years ago, during the late years of the 1990's Decade; I was studying Law at the Honduran National Autonomous University, and some months before my Graduation as Lawyer, I painted my other Subaru Wagon in Yellow; then I had the Idea of doing black stripes and painting the Hood in Black; so I had a Drawing of my Yellow Wagon with those black stripes on a paper notebook, and the Girlfriend I had during those years (Which now is my Wife) saw said Drawing and told me that Yellow with black stripes reminds her a BumbleBee... 

I Never painted the Black stripes to the other Wagon (The Dead 2.7 Project) but since I did that to this one, the "BumbleBeast" Dream came true.

Kind Regards.

• Like 2

That was Fun.  :D 

BumbleBeast was a Name I invented long years ago, during the late years of the 1990's Decade; I was studying Law at the Honduran National Autonomous University, and some months before my Graduation as Lawyer, I painted my other Subaru Wagon in Yellow; then I had the Idea of doing black stripes and painting the Hood in Black; so I had a Drawing of my Yellow Wagon with those black stripes on a paper notebook, and the Girlfriend I had during those years (Which now is my Wife) saw said Drawing and told me that Yellow with black stripes reminds her a BumbleBee... 

I Never painted the Black stripes to the other Wagon (The Dead 2.7 Project) but since I did that to this one, the "BumbleBeast" Dream came true.

Kind Regards.

if I painted my car yellow id call it a bubble beast also !. 

• Like 1

Yes... but Keep it like that: "Bubble" beast ... :D ...

By the way, Nico, your Subaru is absolutely AwesomeThumbup.jpg

I really like everything you have done to it, I've been following your build thread since the beginning.

My Subie is way more old-school... Lifted and being used as daily driver on weekdays (60% usage) and as offroading weekend warrior (40% usage) still on its original EA82 engine, but Weberized... Beyond 300K miles and all these years together since 1985, and tons of modifications, it is more like a Brother than a car, for me.

Kind regards.

• Like 1