Ultimate Subaru Message Board

As requested, my "new" toy 710K Pinz

The reason I'm selling the 86 hatch is because this is taking up room in my driveway.

IMG3141-L.jpg

2.5 liter inline 4 on its side, Gas, :-\ not diesel, but I'm thinking that a OM617 Mercedes Benz could fix that problem.

Portal axles and lockers front and rear, with a crawl ratio of something around 60:1, which makes it feel like i'm cheating.

IMG3132-L.jpg

I pulled off the roof rack, its great for the movies, but adds about 200 pounds to the worst point on a vehicle that is already tippy.

I'll try to upload some action shots in the next few days.

Zap, Ken, any time you want to come over to the West Side I'm up for getting muddy.

It certainly is not made for speed, but will top out about 20 faster than a mog. It's funny you mention it being top heavy and not aerodynamic, I didn't notice :rolleyes:

For those of us who haven't had the joy of riding in a Unimog, please, tell us, how fast does it go?

I'm gonna ballpark it and say your Pinzgauer tops out at about 55mph?

Headed out to the cabin this weekend for the day on Saturday. Let's get some pics of it in action, see how stuck we can get it in the mudhole. :brow:

OMG, a military vehicle that's not designed for speed that's not aerodynamic. I've seen tippier looking Subarus not go over.

I youtubed some of those things in action. Pretty cool rig, it'll be fun in the snow too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xP4KkFjI6w&feature=related

Edited by Zap

The next weekend should work,

I'm partial to the OM 617 as it is the same displacement, and entirely mechanical, and purported to be the most reliable engine every made. A lot of people have tried to diesel the old pinz rigs, so if I can make it work I'll be very happy as most have been disappoined by smaller displacement diesels or bad gearing in the swapped transmissions, so I'm ost likely going tmo have to fab up an adapter plate and flywheel.

I thing a fair trade for letting you sleep on my futon once a week would be to let me use the 12k pound winch to pull this up a tree! :brow:

I would love to go get this dirty!

You find the tree :brow:

And lets be honest, its Monica's futon

Edited by NoahDL88
To make fun of Tex

So can you think of anybody to invite along for the 15th? A couple of Soobies would be fun to have along. The trail out there is designed with Soobs in mind. Well much of it anyways, it's changed a little bit since you've last seen it. We added a pretty fomidable mud hole and one trail goes up the hill to the tree fort now too.

HPIM4265.JPG

That is so freakin' cool man! I was NOT expecting this at all :lol: Good purchase my friend. And it looks like it's in excellent condition as well. Just freakin' cool man. I will have to check this thing out in person sometime :) Just how does one go about buying one of these?!? :lol:

Ok Noah. No backing out. I have a bunch of guys coming out with me to see it in person. :) Three toys, two or three jeeps.

Feel free to bring pals, most of us will spend the night. A couple nice tent spots since you last showed up. Wait. You get to sleep in your ride. :clap: