Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82 Questions

what engine for the idle adjust? i thought later 87+ EA82's didn't require idle adjustments? there's a screw on the throttle plate if memory serves correctly but it should adjust itself with the IAC valve? might want to clean that out if it has one and i'm not missing something about your year/engine.

bolts up fine, but will require some work. it's not "plug and play" but not fully custom either. there are other very desirable options that don't really require much more work.

define what you're looking for and willing to put into it.

what engine for the idle adjust? i thought later 87+ EA82's didn't require idle adjustments? there's a screw on the throttle plate if memory serves correctly but it should adjust itself with the IAC valve? might want to clean that out if it has one and i'm not missing something about your year/engine.

bolts up fine, but will require some work. it's not "plug and play" but not fully custom either. there are other very desirable options that don't really require much more work.

define what you're looking for and willing to put into it.

It is a sohc 1.8l ea82 engine. Is that what you are asking. i know where the idle adjustment is. bu i want to know where the carb's fuel mixture adjustment is?

It is a sohc 1.8l ea82 engine. Is that what you are asking. i know where the idle adjustment is. bu i want to know where the carb's fuel mixture adjustment is?
i'm familiar with the EA82, but there are multiple EA82 platforms, i was wondering if it was carb, SPFI, or MPFI....someone else will have to fill you in carb stuff.

The Idle Adjustment screw is on the Accelerator Cable's Plate and the Fuel Mixture screw is nearby, in front of the Carb.

Is just a Screw that uses a plane Screwdriver, you must turn it Slowly on and off untill the Engine becomes to idle smooth, without Shaking... but Be Careful to not unscrew it all from the carb.

Kind Regards.

The Idle Adjustment screw is on the Accelerator Cable's Plate and the Fuel Mixture screw is nearby, in front of the Carb.

Is just a Screw that uses a plane Screwdriver, you must turn it Slowly on and off untill the Engine becomes to idle smooth, without Shaking... but Be Careful to not unscrew it all from the carb.

Kind Regards.

could you take a picture of the fuel mixture screw? :-p thanks!

Idle mixture (ONLY idle mixture) screw is at the bottom front of the carb. It was designed to never need adjustment and is blocked by a roll-pin. It is unlikely that you need to change it.

GD

I just moved up to like 7000 ft elevation so i thought it might help starting. idk