Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Want parts? Give me a quick reminder,please. Much NOS - 70's

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in need of an ignition lock assembly for a 78 wagon. Need the whole deal: keyed cylinder, switch and bracket. Looks something like this (pic courtesy of subaru3)

DSC01036.JPG

No sweat. Just need time to get back there. Keep after me thru PM or this post. moosens at yahoo works good too.

Forgot to tell you I'm inhaling that AM/FM radio.

But hey , notice that fancy clock ??? Tach of engine and tach of life , you get both !! :-p

There's a paperback's worth of story behind that dash. Real old lady car I bought and cried over sending to the crusher. :popcorn:

redoing a 73 gl coupe full interior any suggestions on carpet kits , im having a hard time with this one and i need a back dash board

All I can say is I has an uncracked black dash specifically for the GL Coupe you have and now its either with Danny W. "drivesubies" or its been passed on elsewhere. You'd be more than wise to do all you can to get Danny's attention.

Carpets - have new ones made. Pretty sure we made contact before thru eBay. Wasn't this one for sale , or was a customer car near CdA ?

My '73 Coupe and all the goodies went to Danny. in TN. Now the car is back here in CT (another guy , not me) but without all the really nice stuff that went with it.

Good luck. I do have bits ad pieces that'll help you out so look the car over and feel free to keep in touch. Cheers!

Paul - moosens at yahoo - cashingmystuffin on eBay

oh man I did like that stock radio, but if you must have it then okay. I'll take the dash and any other bits you want to include on it.;)

Forgot to tell you I'm inhaling that AM/FM radio.

But hey , notice that fancy clock ??? Tach of engine and tach of life , you get both !! :-p

There's a paperback's worth of story behind that dash. Real old lady car I bought and cried over sending to the crusher. :popcorn:

• 2 weeks later...
Moose,

In need of the following for ye olde 81 brat:

Both fenders

front valence (body-colored sheet metal under the front bumper)

handle bars for jump seats

obrigado

Fenders I've got but large items will certainly take me some time to get to.

The valance - oh yeah , you betcha I know what that is.Infact I just scored one from eBay for my '4WD wagon. I think "drivesubies" has one or more but I couldn't wait because this was the first one I'd seen NOS in about 11 or so years of looking. :brow:

handlebars for jumpseats - you'd probably have to score a set of seats from me and remove them,but let me see what's there next trip into the back of the storage unit.

Hey Paul dont forget the sideview mirror gaskets next time your there too please... Thanks.......:brow:

It's what I live for , Tommy. :-p

Sure thing. :D

Hang tight everybody. Big day of repair up at the storage unit this coming weekend. If I find time during the week I'll get what I can going.

Cheers!

'78 Brat here

I need lots:

Ignition Module (really could use this, no spark)

Pretty much everything in the interior

Rear bumper

Gas cap

Fuel door (specifically the latch mechanism)

I'd have to look at it and write some more stuff down but that's a start.

Hey Plumbob, what color is your interior and what other interior parts do you need. I have a 78 Brat drivers side seatbelt black in great shape. I think it can also be used for the passenger side as well. I have a black horn pad on ebay now. Have a remanufactured Water pump for cheap if you want a backup. Drivers upper side inner door panel in ok shape black. I have both 4WD and 4spd shifter boots on ebay in great shape too. I have the inner dome light and I think thats about it. Let me know if you fancy any of these parts and lets see some pics of the brat. You can email me as well at tbag1331@yahoo.com.... Tommy....... Oh I have a gas cap but you can get one at your local parts place easily.

At work now, but I will try and get back to you later today. Gotta assess what I need and don't need.

At this point the interior is a mixture of colors, but I believe the dash is brown - although it needs to be replaced. Pretty much I'm open to any color as long as the stuff is in good shape.

Hope to get back to you soon.

Gotta assess what I need and don't need.

OK you do that and when Tommy the hijacker is done taking care of you contact me. :D

just breaking yur balls , Tommy. Go ahead and take care of this guy because I don't have handy any of that stuff you do.

bob - I do have at least one new bumper and probably one good used. But its way in the back of my cramped storage unit. I'll do my best but its getting cold here already.

Sorry Paul. Didnt mean to hijack just tryn to help. I only got a few things and my inventory is no where near yours so Im sure you still will sell some stuff. You are the Subaru Jedi Master.:brow: I am only nearly a pawn. Let me know when you can send me them gaskets too please. Take care and may the Sube be with you....:-p

How do I post pictures?? Do I need a an account for an image hosting website?

The interior is pretty much trashed. I tore out the carpet last year because it was moldy. The seats are pretty tore up, (esp the driver's). The dash is toast. The door panels are mis-matched. Pretty much need a matching set of everything. Here is what is good inside: glove box, 1 brown and 1 black window crank, 2 brown armrests, 1 blue door panel, and that's about it. I'll post some pictures as soon as I figure it out.