Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Tundrabrat Build

tundrabrat

• 2 weeks later...

Well... Long story short, one of the cam bolts busted off in the case and it took a week to drill out the old bolt without destroying the threads (If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all).

Got the engine back together and primed the heck out of it (packed the oil pump and channels).

Started 1st crank and runs great... Readjusted the valves (hydro valves) because they were out of whack once they loaded up with oil.

Got a business trip and will finish up when I get back.

Nice to be at the point of just a few finishing touches. I'll be able to call it done by the end of the month :D

Edited by tundrabrat
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

After 28 months I'm calling it done. Still have to wire the cyclops and the NOS fog lights but that is just some weekend tinkering.

Better pics to come once I get'r registered again and can wander a little further from home.

23A07BE9-164C-4919-8B33-3CA682520FD5_zps

50C78D16-FA9B-41CC-801F-1A87BB04F76A_zps

71DC4F3E-2968-47CA-91D4-AEE2B001B2B7_zps

Edited by tundrabrat
  • Like 6

• 1 month later...

My son and I took the BRAT to the Corvette Club Car Show on Memorial Day.  One of two imports in the show (Karmen Ghia was the other) and it was entered in the truck category... fun little show.

DSC_0488_zps963e8bf0.jpg

Edited by tundrabrat
  • Like 3