Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My Mom is looking to go from her '98 Legacy L wagon with 120k to a '02-'04 GT sedan. Are they really as rare as the sales folks in the northeast say they are? Any has anyone bought a new one for under $24k??? I found some used 30k '01-'02 for $18k

Wow! I can sell my '02 for US$18k! I'll practically break even and I've been driving it for over two years.

Seriously, I've seen quite a few on the lots around here. I think they're being sleazy (which is usually unheard of in car sales).

You are in the NY but not near the city like I am. What do you think is a fair price for a off lease or pre-owned '02-'03 GT Sedan with around 30k? What are people paying for new ones you said you only paid like $18K for your new??

That's right, you're in Westchester, right? I had a brain fart for a moment and thought Brewster was in western NY. I suspect retail's a bit higher the closer to NYC you get (compared to the Capital District).

I paid about 21k for my '02 GT.

Personally, I wouldn't pay a dealer more than $15.5k for a car like mine ('02 GT, manual trans., 6-disc changer, ~30000mi).

I paid $16,000 for my 96 when I got in 2000. 28,000 miles, 10 disc cd changer. Worth every penny. Actually the dealer had my car marked as L... so maybe I saved some money there. I realized after I got it, how rare the GT is. If only mine were worth some money.