Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Teardrop Spotlight Install on A-Post...I know I am crazy...Reccomendations?

Alright, I know this may sound crazy, however I would like to install a Unity Spotlight on my A-Post. These are those teardrop spotlights you normally see on police cars on the drivers side.

I want to Install one on my 93 Legacy Wagon :banana:

I have the automatic shoulder belts, however I think if I mount it low enough on the A-Post, it should clear them. Anyone else forsee anything I should look out for? Has anyone ever attempted something like this?:brow:

buy an old cop car at auction? You are slowly making one.

I don't see why you could not do that if you want to go to the trouble.

There used to be some boat spotlights that might be easier to fit there though. Do you have a West Marine type store handy?

• 4 weeks later...

I know I am crazy, that has been established a long time ago. And why buy a cop car when I have a subie wagon? Hehe, I like turning heads.

Anyways, does anyone know of any wiring in the A-Post on the drivers side that I should be worried about? I know I need to mount it below the actuall track for the auto seatbelt, however anything else other than that?

Good good point...:rolleyes:

I guess I will try to stay out of the woods considering the car is not 4WD, not lifted, and not planning on doing any intense off roading.

I guess I will find out if there is any wiring in there I should worry about!