Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Any experience with Paraut oil pumps?

So I came across a listing on ebay for a new Beck/Arnley oil pump for $23. I figured someone forgot to type a 1 in front of the 2, so I bought it. What showed up was a Paraut brand. I figured anything is better than the one I just re-installed that didn't meet spec and had gouged rotors.

A second question

I pulled all the covers off when I did belts/seals/etc. Is it possible to slip the drivers-side timing belt off the idler, and then off the oil pump, all while leaving everything else in place?

Thanks for the help.

Paraut is one of the OEM manufacturers. If you look at the pump it likely will say Aisin on it. But either way both are Japanese and inter-related brands. A long time ago I bought a Paraut branded pump and it was OEM inside the box.

There aren't any aftermarket makers of oil pumps for EA engines that I have ever seen. So if you got an oil pump at all - it's OEM.

You may be able to do just the drivers side belt - only thing you can do is try.

GD