Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The Awesome Older Generation Picture Thread

donno how "awesome" this picture is, but here's how my pig sits at the moment.

Yes, your "Pig" Subaru looks Awesome.

I Like the name you gave to it.  :D 

Me and my 86 Gl10 turbo, dual range swap, 4" lift, brand new grabber AT tires, it has wrx intercooler, boost gauge, lots of regular maintenance she is my princess. i love her.

Welcome!

You Both look like Princesses :) very respectfully

Kind Regards.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I found these wheels last fall to my 3 door coupe (Yes I'm going to refinish them with yet unkown color):

rw%2Bvanne%2Byleis.jpg

rw%2Bvanne%2Bkollaasi.jpg

As can be seen from pictures they seem to be made by RW and are modelet spyder. Set was missing two hubcaps 

so I ordered new flat ones to be there instead the original ones.  Pictures tell pretty much everything known about 

these wheels. Altought 13" I will be using them with 175/70 R13 tires or maybe even 185/60 R13 if I cand find a set.

I also measured the weight of these and they come to just over 5 kg so these are pretty light ones too. 

Anyway herese all the info of them in text too :) Size is 5" x 13" , ET 42, Center hole 76mm altought has a bigger one

inside them, bolt pattern 4x140 and seem to be made in belgium at may 1989.

• Like 1

I found these wheels last fall to my 3 door coupe (Yes I'm going to refinish them with yet unkown color) ...

Very nice Wheels!

Somehow I have been doing something similar, by coincidence:  :) 

Finding Wheels in Aluminium like yours, but in 15" with the Proper offset and Age correct

as you can see Here: ~► http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/151383-low-budget-15-wheels-what-do-you-think-of-these/  Have you Voted on the Poll?

Wheels%20Collage.jpg

But those are 4X114.3

I redrilled the Lug Pattern on my Subaru "BumbleBeast" since 1996

And by coincidence, also I ordered flat center caps for them...

~► http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/152527-mini-center-caps-with-subaru-word-or-stars-logo-for-aluminium-wheels/

Kind Regards.

JesZek yes I did vote on the poll :) ...

Thank You!

I've seen that Page, "PakWheels" before, they have the 1.3L engined (EA65) Subaru Loyale Sedans, and 1.6L engined (EA71) Subaru Loyale Wagons, like we had them in Latin America. Also the same Plastic Housing Headlamps with H4 Bulbs... etc, I bet they all share same specs, except that we have LHD (Steering on the Left).

The above posted Photo, is a 1.3L Sedan which had Headlamps swapped from a Daihatsu Charmant, but the owner wrote that the rest of the parts are Original, I like the Wider design of the Hood's raised area.

This is a Daihatsu Charmant:

Daihatsu%20Charmant.jpg

you can see that 1.3L subaru's Thread here:

~► http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/d-i-y-projects/69346-restoration-classic-subaru-leone-1-3dl

Kind Regards.

► Edited to add a photo of the Daihatsu

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo

On that website, you'll find that they have same problem to source Spare Parts as Latin America, so they're doing whatever they could to keep their subies roadworthy, In Honduras I've seen Loyales with the Front fenders, hood and fascia from a Nissan Maxima, also others with Fronts from Hyundai Excel, etc, but in the Pakwheels' site I saw one Using the front from the 80's Corollas, see:

Coroyale.jpg

Coroyale?

I have posted this pic before, but not for several yrs. And, since this is "The Awesome Older Generation Picture Thread", I should post it again. This was my first Subaru. Found it under a cedar tree with lots of green moss growing on it and, it had a blown head gasket. Payed $300 for it. Wish I still had it. :o

roadtrip1.jpg

Great car, brings back memories or shredding the dirt roads of Lake Arrowhead area with a wagon similar to this one, it was one sweet ride because if I remember correctly it had a turbo in it.  We were working at a summer camp there and the Subie was one of the staff cars there.  One of the best most fun cars I have ever driven so far.  I love the look of this body style much more so than later models.

Edited by capmarvelous
  • Like 2