Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The Awesome Older Generation Picture Thread

These cars are FUN and not show quality but we love em, red-ish one is a 1994 4x4. white one in snow was a 1993 4x4 ( now crushed) the other white one with black stripes is a 1986 GL FWD 5speed with a near mint interior and way less rust than the Loyales. Also less mileage. No pics of these cars in real off road terrian, nobody would get out to photo them lol

post-52112-0-10965500-1458831468_thumb.jpg

post-52112-0-81167900-1458831553_thumb.jpg

post-52112-0-33342800-1458831604_thumb.jpg

post-52112-0-75913900-1458832239_thumb.jpg

JP147, you appear to have my Soob's Cousin. Tori (the Soob) is a 1980 DL. Yours appears to be almost same body type, but the GL. Main visual cue difference is that Tori has Round headlamps and your beastie has the squares.

Very nice BTW. I'm gonna have to get pictures of Tori on this comp, so that I can post her in this thread.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've had my ea82 for about 4 months now and since then I have lowered the front with eBay Honda rear coil springs. Still trying to get another set for the rear so it doesn't have as much rake to it. I like lifted look to the ea82 wagons but just wanted to try something different and go low. Wheels are off a older 4Runner and redrilled to accept the 4x140 bolt pattern.

post-61602-0-63008100-1463038901_thumb.jpeg

post-61602-0-95830200-1463038916_thumb.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

P5021471.jpg

Some midwest subarus

ss%20turbo1.jpg

Then my nephew picked this 85 lifted RX up. I see that its got some documented info on this site. Its Roxy from mykingcrab's build. I've been in touch with Mykingcrab about some of the details of the build. Nephews a body guy and painter so hopefully some of the bodywork gets straightened out. 

rx.jpg

Edited by colemanapp

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Was coming home from work, had a beautiful sunset, view of Mt. Rainier, and a camera on the passenger seat. Had to stop  :rolleyes:

09280742_zpsvttoi91x.jpg

Your Loyale looks Awesome, thank you for Sharing these nice Photos.  :) 

The Low Fuel warning light is lit, despite that it has enough fuel to not be lit;

that means that you used a LED light in it, (or something's wrong with the indicator.) isn't it?

Kind Regards.

Your Loyale looks Awesome, thank you for Sharing these nice Photos.  :) 

The Low Fuel warning light is lit, despite that it has enough fuel to not be lit;

that means that you used a LED light in it, (or something's wrong with the indicator.) isn't it?

Kind Regards.

Thank you!  :) Yeah, I did the LED backlighting conversion (many thanks to you for the write-up  :D ), but I didn't realize the low fuel light would come on all the time. I don't know if it's because of the LEDs or if something is wrong, but it doesn't bother me too much. It's not worth pulling everything apart for, so I'll deal with it if I have the instrument cluster out again.  :P

• Like 1

Thanks for your answer.

Yes, that mere warning light for Low fuel, tends to stay lit all the time, if you use a Led bulb on it, not only in these Subarus' instrument clusters, but also on many other brands' cars on which I have done such Led background illumination retrofitting.

I will update my writeup with that information.

Edit: it is done, look here.

Kind Regards.

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo