Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The Awesome Older Generation Picture Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Just going through my old photos, found these 2

First on is my families 78 4x4 wagon.  This was taken when I was almost 2, on road trip from California to Pennsylvania.

40720711344_6e724b1a50_k.jpgIMG_0383 by Dans Subaru, on Flickr

And this one, I am about 6.....Taken at a horse show with my Uncle Bob the horse trainer.  I had never noticed, but someones sweet brown hatch Photobombed us in the background!  not our car, and probably one of on;y a few Subarus in Ocala, Florida at the time!!!

40720713714_b1f8b7ef52_k.jpgIMG_0386 by Dans Subaru, on Flickr

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

New to the forum! I picked up my first Subaru in April:

IMG_8951.thumb.JPG.997b659aecbf9730a493461b3c73ec64.JPG

'84 GL sedan. It's the definition of poverty-spec and I assume one of very few FWD models anyone bothered to keep going this long. There's some rust along the rockers and a few other kinks still to work out, but it's exactly my kind of car and I'm enjoying it so far. It's one-owner and 100% original, with plans to keep it that way.

• Like 2

On 6/22/2018 at 8:22 PM, Googlefluff said:

New to the forum! I picked up my first Subaru in April:

IMG_8951.thumb.JPG.997b659aecbf9730a493461b3c73ec64.JPG

'84 GL sedan. It's the definition of poverty-spec and I assume one of very few FWD models anyone bothered to keep going this long. There's some rust along the rockers and a few other kinks still to work out, but it's exactly my kind of car and I'm enjoying it so far. It's one-owner and 100% original, with plans to keep it that way.

Looks pretty clean! You and I might be about the only ones with old FWD Subies

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! Just joined after buying a 1991 Loyale "Minty". All original and only thing wrong is the rear passenger door does not lock/unlock automatically with the rest of the doors. Even if the person unlocks on the door manually from the inside they cannot get out with the door handle. Someone has to let them out from the outside handle. That and the thermostat might need to be replaced because it gets very hot and then suddenly drops to normal temperature.... but this has changed over the last couple weeks -- it no longer gets very near the H (high temp), rather, only to about a 1/4" from the top, then settles back to about 1/4" from the bottom.

The only thing I plan to change are the speakers, and put an AUX input (somewhere) for my phone. Also would like to replace my cigarette lighter with a USB car charger -- I am told I can simply pull out the cig lighter, leaving its housing in place and plug in one of these USB car chargers. That doesn't make sense to me, since the housing is not a 12 V DC charger, but a BURNER for the cig plug. (?). I am under the impression the entire cig housing needs to come out and a 12 V DC plug needs to be wired in. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Any known gremlins; please don't hesitate to share. So far I love this thing! ("Downgraded" from a 2006 LR3 (JUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!)).

6.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Subaru3.jpeg

Edited by minty
  • Like 1

A cigarette lighter uses the car's 12V electrical system to generate the heat to light the cigarette. The point of 12V accessories is specifically to work with car cigarette lighters, as that was the only place to plug anything into a car until like 10 years ago. I have a dashcam plugged into my '84 GL, no modifications required. One of those USB adapters should work no problem.

Enjoy your Subaru!

Edited by Googlefluff

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2015 at 7:07 PM, Loyale 2.7 Turbo said:

Let me share here, some Photos I found online...

RX%20II%20Coupe%201.jpg

...of Beautiful Russian Subarus.

The photos are Not mine, but I signed them because they are Hosted on my Photo Albums, and I had Bandwidth problems in the Past.

Wow, it's my photo, about 5 years ago)))

• Like 1

^ That's different.

Here's Ruby Scoo, still plugging away:

BxwuGS.jpg

and my Brumby (red one) that's still stock with the addition of PS from a touring wagon and aftermarket cruise, they're really the only two changes; white one in the background is my mother inlaw's:

9iXwzY.jpg

Cheers

Bennie

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...