Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The Awesome Older Generation Picture Thread

They never include the EA82 wagon into their lineup. Its always the RX. But they have a Legacy wagon?

Not for sure, but I think this is just a little display at a museum in Japan. The second and third generation legacy are also absent here, as well as any imprezas of the same eras.

Not for sure, but I think this is just a little display at a museum in Japan. The second and third generation legacy are also absent here, as well as any imprezas of the same eras.

Agreed, it is probably larger. But I bet the Gen-III Leone will be over looked. The EA82 was also over looked in this video. It seems as the Legacy and Impreza was Subarus benchmark, mainly because of the WRC, I guess.

I am discussed with the absence of the EA82. :popcorn:

Video:

They never include the EA82 wagon into their lineup. Its always the RX. But they have a Legacy wagon?

There wasn't really anything special about it. All these other models I see were extremely well built and reliable. Any EA besides the EA82 is exceptional. The EA82 is good and all... but doesn't compare to everything else they built.

What I'm saying is EA82s are crap and every one left on the road should be swapped out for an EA81.

^^^ i might not know as much as you about subaru's but im pretty sure that the ea81's didnt come stock with hydraulic lifters. the hitachi carb sucks rump roast, but that can be up graded. dont get me wrong ea81's have more power potential, but i drive an ea82 with 400,052 miles and its still goin!

EA81s had Hydro lifters in 1984 on the Automatics, on Manuals the EA81 got Hydro lifters in 1985-up

^^^ i might not know as much as you about subaru's but im pretty sure that the ea81's didnt come stock with hydraulic lifters. the hitachi carb sucks rump roast, but that can be up graded. dont get me wrong ea81's have more power potential, but i drive an ea82 with 400,052 miles and its still goin!

EA82s get a bad rep because of the Turbo version, the N/As really arent that bad. The carbourated versions were kinda gutless but the ones with spfi were an improvement.

My '86 still has the hitachi ea82 in it. I'll be swapping in a new (refurbished) spfi longblock and putting a weber on top of that. Should be pretty sweet for a N/A ea82. :burnout:

Here here! This guy is now my best friend... Lol.

I'd driven an SPFI EA82 for 6 years, and never had ONE issue ever. Simple upkeep and its a happy motor. Shes slow with the 3AT, but who cares, I can go almost anywhere.

EA82s get a bad rep because of the Turbo version, the N/As really arent that bad. The carbourated versions were kinda gutless but the ones with spfi were an improvement.

My '86 still has the hitachi ea82 in it. I'll be swapping in a new (refurbished) spfi longblock and putting a weber on top of that. Should be pretty sweet for a N/A ea82. :burnout:

After a certain year (no idea which one) they have hydro lifters.

Mine is plugged into my ea82 FI system. So I have a FI hydro lifter ea81 in my car. And it's awesome :)

so then on the ea81's instead of a belt that breaks every 40,000 ish miles, they have gears? or a chain?

Gears, no chain. Just like the Landcruisers.

T-belts shouldn't break every 40,000. Mine were original with 110,000 on them and after being covered in oil for years lol, still holding :) Cracked as hell, but where holding.