Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

ea82 swap

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 boggy

boggy

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • London England

Posted 24 October 2011 - 06:13 AM

Hi chaps ive found an ea82 engine 100000 miles newer than my ea81 engine in my brat what i need to know is what parts will and wont fit and what i will need to fabricate there is very few old spares and cars over here main points are will the headers from the ea81 fit and also engine mounts and gearbox/clutch compatibility gheers Boggy:banghead:

#2 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,611 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 24 October 2011 - 09:52 AM

The motor will fit and the bellhousing and engine mounts will fit. swap the pitch bar bracket from the ea81 to the ea82.

there will be some clearance issues with the disty and the brake master cylinder.

install the motor first, then the disty.

you may have to remove hill holder.

you may have to clock the disty differently and possibly cut off one of the mounting tabs.

the front of the engine will clear better if you remove the outer timing belt covers.

are you using the ea81 or ea82 intake?

#3 boggy

boggy

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • London England

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:36 PM

i can use either intake as i will have both which is best cheers Boggy:clap:

#4 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,611 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:23 PM

use the ea82 intake as it is a direct fit, and most of the solenoids can be wired in so long as the ea81 has the carb computer on board. or just do a weber. a 5spd swap would appreciate the power curve of the ea82 better than the 4spd. Modification is minimal, and you use the ea82 driveshaft by making a carrier bearing mount.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users