Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1988 subaru turbo GL, EJ22 and 4" lift, plus 6lug swap build!

Prwa101

finally somebody else from sandy:headbang: hope to see your rig around:brow: theres a guy with a 83 silver brat that he just put the 2.2 in who also lives hear in sandy

Dude! ive seen your post, just keep forgetting to say hi! oh theres a pretty good chance youll see it :brow: along with many more creations to come!

theres a pretty good chance i know you, or you know my brothers haha which is funny, small towns are awsome! :headbang:

ive been here for about 15 years, i love it, close to 4x4ing, th MTn, everything awsome.

i Think ive seen it! ill keep my eye peeled for it though!

Where abouts in sandy do you live? I live up on Colman RD, down Tynike

PRWA AAE

i live on bluff road towards dunn road on are Nursery which is on kelso road its called Chatelain's Nursery, the other guy in sandy with a brat is named craig or greg and he lives in the neiborhood by 7eleven

Nice Dude! I know exactuily where that is! Good to know I have other Subaru lovers in my area! :) and nice! I'm alway going through there, I'll keep an eye out for him next time I'm around there!

SHE'S ALIVE!!!!!! But won't stay running for very long, won't let me rev it it'll just die.... Any ideas?? I'm going to be searching the rest of the night for a solustion...

saw it today:cool:when i passed u when u where at the stop light by bi-mart and grocery outlet

Saw me??? haha it still hasnt even left the drive way :) i saw some one that has the same looking GL as mine the other day! although im a little taller i think and it sounded like the ol ea82 haha. Im drivin my green Forester with a nobama sticker haha hard to miss, the irony screams at people hahahah :headbang:

BUT!!! I FIGURED IT OUT!! i didnt hook up the air filter... it was getting to much air.. haha.. i got the harness in all the way just cleaning up the mess and making it look good, i think i got a dead battery or alternator though.. :headbang: getting close!!!!! moved it a little last night, going to make an airfilter addaptor like this, at school and print it out in PVC plastic, it should hot up pretty good, and free is good too!! :) haha

IMG_1995.jpg

also messed around at work and started to make a rear bumper for it too!! :D

-Prwa AAE

I love this picture cant get more back woods then this :headbang:

523260_3418680024782_1203579286_32499519_1331088288_n.jpg?dl=1

Hahahaah! That how we do it down here in Sandy Oregon! Well me anyways haha. Sucks being poor and not having a shop nor an engine hoist haha, but i thank God for what i do have :clap::headbang: Its even more fun when it starts raining and snowing ;)

well it looked very similar to yours it had a six lug swap with chrome 6 or 8 spoke wheels and it had a lift to also it was even was white, i haven't done a engine swap like that before my dad uses are farms fork lifts and tractors for that:cool:(well i guess once we didn't have anything to pull one out once and my dad pull it out and rolled it out of the engine compartment when we where up at are friends place in washington and he was going to scrap his 76 subaru wagon)

well it looked very similar to yours it had a six lug swap with chrome 6 or 8 spoke wheels and it had a lift to also it was even was white, i haven't done a engine swap like that before my dad uses are farms fork lifts and tractors for that:cool:(well i guess once we didn't have anything to pull one out once and my dad pull it out and rolled it out of the engine compartment when we where up at are friends place in washington and he was going to scrap his 76 subaru wagon)

Thats crazy! I wonder if he's running an ej22?? Next time I see this guy I'm going to flag him down, I only know of two other guys that run lifter subarus in this area sandy and welches :) need to grow my contacts for wheeling!

Well guys!!! :headbang: I got a brand used altonator along with a new MAF, and man she purrsssssss!!! Runs perfect!! Alls left is....

Button er up, temp gage, oil gage, and now trying to figure out what's wrong with the push button 4x4.... A mouse eat part of the wire near the stick so let's hope I can fix it....

Also cut a little more off the fenders ;) man these tire are big hahah ! :headbang:

More pix up soon,

My Forester and my new 88Gl EJ22!! Booya!! It's looking pretty sick!!

229252_4108525310483_1257091091_n.jpg?dl=1

Didnt relize how much i had to cut out of the fender so it wouldnt rub anymore, haha. its looking pretty good, i could prolly drive it on the road but im going to finish more of it, like the temp gage, id hate to have to tow my self home haha.

251752_4111837193278_885701932_n.jpg

564899_4113703559936_23981367_n.jpg

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Edited by Prwa101

• 4 weeks later...

Had a little time today after class to try figure out the temp gage... No luck.. I read if you hook the ej temp gage wire to the ea temp gage wire pin 13 right? It'll just read half the normal amount on the ea gage..... It's reading full on above the red and beyond.... I even tryed with with the resistor... Nothing... Any one have any ideas?

OH yeah!! when i bought the car it came with a bi mart 84 battery, and it was still under warranty for another 3 years so they pro rated the battery and so i got a brand new one for 45$ instead of 80$ :headbang: and then talked them into giving me the warranty from today ON instead of for another 3 years!! :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Now time to work out the oil pressure gauge!

:clap:

Edited by Prwa101

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my sweet Jesus!...... Just took her for a spin just around the block... I've never felt that much power... The tires could hardly get any tracking because it just wanted to go! It's scary fast! Even with the large tires!

It wa fun untill the rear drum locked up agin... Looks like I need to find sole rear disks at the yard... :/

Oh my sweet Jesus!...... Just took her for a spin just around the block... I've never felt that much power... The tires could hardly get any tracking because it just wanted to go! It's scary fast! Even with the large tires!

Good Job! I know the feeling - I felt the same way the first time I took my EJ'ed 83 Wagon around the block:D

my dad has the rear brakes for the gl-10 minus the disk them selves that we could let go if you dont find anything at the boring you-pull-it, because it going to be a while before i can use them on my brat and one had the protecter bent in so my dad straightened it

Not bad! I think I've already found the set up my freind from calli has it :)

Good Job! I know the feeling - I felt the same way the first time I took my EJ'ed 83 Wagon around the block:D

Yeah man it's was freeking awsome! Have a lot to finish though it hasn't been driven in 5 years I wanna say haha. Lots to do lots to do, need to finish it before snow fall so I have a wheeler!!

Droooooool........ Its like Christmas morning!!! 598591_4365514895062_1003980556_n.jpg

Out with the old in with the new!!!395082_4390763046250_856938118_n.jpg

63769_4390762446235_535715842_n.jpg

MMMMMMMMMM......... 6 whole lugs 215898_4389533015500_1845461394_n.jpg

oh yeah shes all done!!! disks all the way around!

417023_4390764646290_1506639946_n.jpg

would have taken it for a drive... but i blew a power steering hose... one more thing! almost done! haha

• 2 weeks later...