Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

EA82-t intake

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dave valiant

dave valiant

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 570 posts
  • Rapid City

Posted 14 March 2004 - 04:49 PM

I have heard that the Ea82-t intakes are better than the EA81-t intake.Is this true?If so will an EA82-t work on anEA81-t?I've been bitten by the upgrade bug and am trying to get as much info together as possible.Oh yeah do the injectors flow more on the EA82-t and will they work on an EA81-t.Thanks.Dave.

#2 CIS Subaru

CIS Subaru

User Awaiting Email Confirmation

• Members
  • 1,992 posts
  • Columbus, OH

Posted 14 March 2004 - 11:40 PM

EA82T has 2 intake ports in each head, while EA81T only has one in each head. So they don't swap at all.

I imagine that you could make an EA82 SPFI intake work on a EA81T without too much trouble, but I doubt you'd want to.

Not sure on the injectors... they're probably the same.

#3 archemitis

archemitis

guy smiley

• Members
  • 3,554 posts
  • the big minnie

Posted 15 March 2004 - 08:49 AM

i always thought the ea81T had multi port intakes. never seen one, this is juust my understanding.

#4 CIS Subaru

CIS Subaru

User Awaiting Email Confirmation

• Members
  • 1,992 posts
  • Columbus, OH

Posted 15 March 2004 - 12:42 PM

I have an EA81T sitting in my garage. They have MPFI, but the heads have the same type of intake port as the carbed models. The EA81T has its fuel injectors IN the heads instead of in the intake manifold like the EA82T.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users