Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Well travelled-all the way from Oz to UK

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#26 petey

petey

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • gloucestershire-UK

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:10 PM

Little bit more progress here,i managed to break the 2nd hand windscreen i had whilst fitting it so its currently residing in the garage to prevent it filling up with water and rotting out the new metalwork.

I had the front end off it yesterday to replace the battered and bent front bumper/valance and have a play with the fender mirrors :grin:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Had the wings off too to waxoyl the inner wings,suprisingly solid.
Posted Image

New front panel looks scabby,it isnt its just a bad paint job and green moss lol
Posted Image
Posted Image

#27 Mike Kamm

Mike Kamm

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • Albany, NY

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:16 PM

Thanks for the update. I've managed to break a few used windshields in my time also. I only have about a 60% sucess rate in moving used windshields from one car to another.

What is waxoyl? It appears to be like undercoating? Does it dry and harden or does it stay sticky?

#28 1982gl4

1982gl4

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,357 posts
  • Worcester, VT

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:04 PM

Can't go wrong with a set of wing mirrors :cool:

#29 Leeroy

Leeroy

Old boxer tricks!

• Members
  • 456 posts
  • Albury, NSW, Australia

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:47 AM

What is waxoyl? It appears to be like undercoating? Does it dry and harden or does it stay sticky?

Here you go Mike, Waxoyl even has its own Wikipedia entry!

#30 Mike Kamm

Mike Kamm

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • Albany, NY

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:49 PM

Thank you Leeroy. I think I will buy some of that product and use it on the '81 Datsun 210 I am rebuilding. I like the fact that it doesn't dry [and crack] like cheap tar based undercoating.

Mike

#31 Legacy RallyGuy

Legacy RallyGuy

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Dublin, Ireland

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:02 PM

Very cool car and nice to see someone not afraid to repair the "ugly" on a car!

I saw your thread and went.. "Hmm, I was afraid of this..." :P

The good old 70's Scoobs are so rare, they'll have to be imported huh... I'll be moving to Ireland April 6th of this year, it'll probably be the only option, finding one elsewhere and importing it huh?

#32 petey

petey

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • gloucestershire-UK

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:53 AM

Very cool car and nice to see someone not afraid to repair the "ugly" on a car!

I saw your thread and went.. "Hmm, I was afraid of this..." :P

The good old 70's Scoobs are so rare, they'll have to be imported huh... I'll be moving to Ireland April 6th of this year, it'll probably be the only option, finding one elsewhere and importing it huh?

I reckon so mate,ireland has a worse climate than ours lol so your chances would be very slim,i have heard of a couple of L- series (gen 3 Leone) still surviving over there tho,or you could always pop over here and pick up a brat,still plenty of them about ;)

#33 petey

petey

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • gloucestershire-UK

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:54 AM

Thank you Leeroy. I think I will buy some of that product and use it on the '81 Datsun 210 I am rebuilding. I like the fact that it doesn't dry [and crack] like cheap tar based undercoating.

Mike

Ive got a datsun 210 too lol :D its a 78 coupe,i love it,thankfully it didnt need anywhere near as much work as the scoob to get it on the road,i was very lucky.

#34 Legacy RallyGuy

Legacy RallyGuy

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Dublin, Ireland

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:47 PM

Small world!  I was thinking I recognized your user name!  Any wagon pic updates?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users