Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Well travelled-all the way from Oz to UK

Little bit more progress here,i managed to break the 2nd hand windscreen i had whilst fitting it so its currently residing in the garage to prevent it filling up with water and rotting out the new metalwork.

I had the front end off it yesterday to replace the battered and bent front bumper/valance and have a play with the fender mirrors :grin:

IMAG0158.jpg

IMAG0159-1.jpg

IMAG0160.jpg

Had the wings off too to waxoyl the inner wings,suprisingly solid.

IMAG0161.jpg

New front panel looks scabby,it isnt its just a bad paint job and green moss lol

IMAG0163.jpg

IMAG0164.jpg

Thanks for the update. I've managed to break a few used windshields in my time also. I only have about a 60% sucess rate in moving used windshields from one car to another.

What is waxoyl? It appears to be like undercoating? Does it dry and harden or does it stay sticky?

• 5 weeks later...

Very cool car and nice to see someone not afraid to repair the "ugly" on a car!

I saw your thread and went.. "Hmm, I was afraid of this..." :P

The good old 70's Scoobs are so rare, they'll have to be imported huh... I'll be moving to Ireland April 6th of this year, it'll probably be the only option, finding one elsewhere and importing it huh?

Very cool car and nice to see someone not afraid to repair the "ugly" on a car!

I saw your thread and went.. "Hmm, I was afraid of this..." :P

The good old 70's Scoobs are so rare, they'll have to be imported huh... I'll be moving to Ireland April 6th of this year, it'll probably be the only option, finding one elsewhere and importing it huh?

I reckon so mate,ireland has a worse climate than ours lol so your chances would be very slim,i have heard of a couple of L- series (gen 3 Leone) still surviving over there tho,or you could always pop over here and pick up a brat,still plenty of them about ;)

• Like 1

Thank you Leeroy. I think I will buy some of that product and use it on the '81 Datsun 210 I am rebuilding. I like the fact that it doesn't dry [and crack] like cheap tar based undercoating.

Mike

Ive got a datsun 210 too lol :D its a 78 coupe,i love it,thankfully it didnt need anywhere near as much work as the scoob to get it on the road,i was very lucky.

• 2 years later...